Home Brew Travel?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asalpaws

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm going too stay with some of my Austrian family in Croatia this summer. As such I'm trying to brew up a stock of suitable lager and pilsner offerings to take with me. We are planning to drive via Germany, Austria, Slovenia and then Croatia.

It has occurred to me that I might run foul of export laws with a boot full of brew? Has anyone had much experience of taking there brew abroad? I would guess the law is the same as branded booze but I'm concerned about being stopped by a motorway cop with a load of unlabeled bottles!

Last year I took some bottles to Germany, obviously within the EU there are basically no limitations, as long as the quantities are "reasonable", and hardly any controls. I don't know about regulation for entering Croatia, but as long as your quantities are small I wouldn't expect any problems. Isn't Croatia an EU candidate - maybe they are already aligning their customs rules?

Thanks Klaus, googling Croatian customs suggest only 2 liters of "liqueur" per person, this seems to cover all alcoholic beverages apart from spirits and wine. : (

Latest posts

Back