Hop Tea vs Dry Hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have a recipe that calls for dry hopping to do in a couple of days, I use pellets and last time I did that I was getting some carry over of hop debris into the bottle despite cold crashing. I suppose I could filter with a veg bag it but am concerned about introducing oxygen at this stage.
So I am considering chucking some hop tea straight into the bottling bucket (or keg).
Has anyone experience of this and how did you find it pros/cons etc?

for me it was clearer beer (hop tea) vs more flavour (dry hop) I now chuck dry hop but place the hops in a massive mesh bag weighted down with giant marbles as a middle way.

for me it was clearer beer (hop tea) vs more flavour (dry hop) I now chuck dry hop but place the hops in a massive mesh bag weighted down with giant marbles as a middle way.
So I suppose you could increase the quantity for hop tea? I have heard that dry hopping with a mesh bag can cause oxygenation issues (no idea if there is any truth in that though)

Muslin bag with sanitised marbles every brew,never had a problem with oxidisation.

Latest posts

Back