How to make Turbo Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmcmechan

Reaction score
Maybe a daft question, but is this the process?

1. mix all the ingredients together (i like the sound of the one 'best turbo cider to date' thread

2. leave to ferment c. 10 days

3. should i add a campden tablet to stop fermentation at this stage (see step 5 below?)?

4. leave for 24 hours

5. bottle (use 1 tsp of sugar per bottle to get a fizzy cider)

6. leave for as long as possbile, preferrably up to 6 months

7 get hammered on a hot summers day

thanks guys

if i want bottle after primary fermentation in the FV is it simply a case of 1 tsp of sugar per 500ml bottle for fizzy cider

ta again

Yes, 1 teaspoon per bottle = cider fountain!

Chuck ingredients in demijohn, up to shoulder, shake, add airlock, and ignore. When it stops going nuts, top up to the base of the neck. Mop up overspill when it goes a bit nuts again

Get a hydrometer (they'e only £3 or so from Wilko), and when the gravity stays the same for 2 days, either bottle, or better, rack into another DJ to clear for a week or two. Then bottle, 1/2 a teaspoon per bottle.

thanks guys!

going to brew my coopers kit this weekend, when thats done I'm going to give a go at a batch of turbo cider and hide it away until summer after I've bottled it...i see a fun family barbeque on the horizon!

Latest posts

Back