Im feeling lazy and its cold in the garage!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Kits are temping as an AG brew day is about 5 hours and it's cold outside.........:( :(

Are there any kits that are as good (no twang etc) as a competently brewed AG ?

It's a couple of years since I brewed a kit and things change so there is hope.

Are there any 1/2 size kits?

ATB. aamcle

Last edited:
It's a good few years since I did a Festival kit as I remember it was just OK, have they got better in the last 5 years or so?

A friend has just done the Muntons hazy IPA kit and says it’s the best one yet. Not received my sample yet though.

I remember the werry was a good pint when I put it on nitro.

In my experience if you have controlled fermentation temperature i.e fridge/inkbird, that goes a long way in improving any kit and avoiding the dreaded twang.
Also using extract kits that don't require sugar ( or even better as above fresh wort ) will help.

I'd tend to stick with Mangrove Jacks. Depending on your personal taste, probably the four best kits I've ever done are MJ Citra IPA, MJ Pink Grapefruit IPA, MJ Juicy Session IPA and MJ Mango Pale Ale. All top notch.

I like the Dark Rock kits, preferring them to Mangrove Jacks, but no idea how they compare to AG.

Festival Razorback IPA was great, and anything from Mangrove Jacks Craft Series range. The full extract kit range from the Homebrew Company is amazing.

Back