John Bull Mild

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put this on made up to 21l with 500g dark DME, 500g dextrose and 340g (food grade) LME and will report back in a few weeks when ready. I have 2 more so may try different permutations with those.

Got this for £10 Reduced.

Was wondering what your thoughts were on it?

Haven't had it before but fancied doing a banana beer with it, found a recipie which uses cooper mild. 12 over ripe bananas with 1tsp of Pectolase boiled for 30 mins then added to the kit with 1kg of normal sugar.

How do you think this will go over as its a 1.8kg kit I wasn't sure?

I have tasted it but it's still in the FV - so far, it seems just like a mild should be. Which is to say pretty inoffensive.

Not sure about bananas. But sounds good - give it a try!

OK I have one batch in the pressure barrel and another in bottles (that batch is too new to taste). Made them the same, as described above.

This is very very similar to the bottled Mann's Brown Ale. So it's OK, very drinkable, but nothing special.

Colour: dark
Head retention: not wonderful but OK.
Flavour: a hint of sweetness (that could be the food grade LME I added) and also a hint of bitterness. No hoppiness to speak of. The flavour is average (it does not taste weak/watery, but not heavy/strong either).

Latest posts

Back