Lookig for a counter pressure bottle filler!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazamodo

Reaction score
We're having problems with inconsistent bottles when priming, so would like to try counter pressure filling.
Now I've never looked into counter pressure filling, and we only bottle say 3-400 bottles a time.

Is there such thing as a small budget counter pressure bottling machine? I've been scouring google but not too much has come up, unless im looking for the wrong thing. Looking for something under £3k ideally

Have you looked at the Blichmann Beer Gun?
Seems a bit less fiddly than a CP filler.

markmark said:
Have you looked at the Blichmann Beer Gun?
Seems a bit less fiddly than a CP filler.

Yea been looking at that... The only thing is that if we start doing more bottles, then I can imagine I would get very bored filling hundreds a few hundred bottles by hand, one by one.

for more than 1 bottle at a time i think u either need to be inventive or spend a lot of money, you could try over-conditioning in the source keg chilling right down and just filling the bottles and capping asap might need to do some math to determin the optimum rate to over condition so that the loss in the time between filling and capping results in the correct condition in the bottle.. or experiment, if ur looking for tasting volunteers ;)

Candirect do a 3 bottle filler for around 55 Euro, but you would need to batch prime. Not sure how it would work for beer as it is more intended for wine. But you would get volume consistency.

If you go the individual bottling route you might want to look into the MoreBeer CPBF, I know a few folk who've swapped/changed the Blichman CPBF for it. If you get stuck give unclepumple a pm, he has the Blichmann and owns/bottles as a microbrewery :thumb:

Thanks guys, been looking at the morebeer one! I really like the post where the guy mounted them, and had 4 mounted at a time. I would probably only need two- three tops.

A little bit of background, I just started around three months ago at this nano brewery taking over from the original brewer, and want to start bottling however we have not had much luck with bottle conditioning so want to go down the bright carbed beer into bottles route.

Where are you based cazmodo?
I live near Selby and was thinking if you'd like to have a play with my beer gun (ooer Missis! :lol: ) you'd be more than welcome to borrow it for a try.

Hi Caz,

If you fancy a trip up to Norwich, you can borrow my Blichman and see how you get on.

I know they are bottling with one at a micro round here!

Simon.

Been way too busy and very inactive. Just thought I'd give a small update.

Thanks for the offers to try a beergun, we went with the CPBF from Morebeer, and have actually had good success with it!

After no finding an automated one for less than stupid money.

Latest posts

Back