My wine looks orange

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locky

Reaction score
Im using the youngs medium white wine kit. It stated that fermentation would take between 7 to 20 days but after 6 it seemed as tho fermentation has stopped. i left it for a couple more days now on the 8th day, and the readings have stayed the same, but under what the instructions have suggested. Im using a heater tray which is around 33 degrees, and i have a feeling the try is too hot and damaged the yeast.
The wine is an orangy colour too :wha:

So what is your SG reading?

At 33*C I'm not surprised it has fermented out in a week.

I can't comment on the colour BTW, maybe someone else has tried this kit?
I find it interesting how the orange colour drops right out of a Wurzel, maybe this will too.

readings were 1008 consecutively.
the instrusctions stated between 1002 and 1004.
Alcohol content seems low for a wine, according to hydrometer it would be around 3 or 4%

Sorry, I've never made a kit wine, haven't got the first idea what you're talking about.

What was the original gravity, and what went into this kit apart from the concentrate, any sugar?

yeah it was around 250g sugar from menory, but ive just realised that i havnt added the finnings yet thats tomorrows job so im hoping that will help, ive just added the stabiliser.
a camden tablet was used and yeast, plus the kit.
Im probably just worried about my first batch.

Back