Near miss!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to bottle my lastest brew today. Opened the fermentation fridge to fine this....see below! I noticed after a couple of days fermenting that it had been very lively and escaped out of the airlock. Must have then been distracted as I clearly forgot to deal with it! - so it was in that state for about 11 days! Dreading the state of the brew, I took a sample to taste... thankfully tastes good 🎉🎉. Wonder in the gunk in the airlock stopped co2 escaping, or slowed the rate enough to keep things safe? Need to look into making a blow-off tube fir the next brew🤣. Hopefully it will still taste good in a few weeks 🍻🍻

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_134653_778.jpg
    IMG_20220917_134653_778.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220917_134700_574.jpg
    IMG_20220917_134700_574.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
Did that happen because you have filled the bucket up too much and the bottom of the air valve has been sitting in the fluid ?

Did that happen because you have filled the bucket up too much and the bottom of the air valve has been sitting in the fluid ?
Hi, no there was a gap between the wort and airlock tube. I think about an inch....I had collected slightly more wort than normal on this brew. Just had a very lively fermentation and the only way out was through the airlock. Will make a blow-off tube for my next brew👍

Latest posts

Back