new taps are 5/16..do i go all 5/16 pipe ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loady

[Superlative Сasual Dating Real Women]
Reaction score
Im ready to move into my new kegerator, i treated myself to some very nice chrome taps which all have 5/16 JG inserts, currently my disconnects have 3/8 JG fittings and i am not sure if i should swap them out for 5/16 and then go from the keg all the way to the tap with 5/16..bare in mind the run is less than a metre. I read somewhere that you have 3/8 then do the last 12" in 5/16..why you would do that i do not know...not sure whats best to do, i have both sizes of JG fittings and plenty of both sizes of beer line.

would be much easier just to get a jg3/8" to 5/16" stem to make the final fitting to the tap. and if you fit elbow fittings you get to direct the beerline to the side ;)

What I'm getting at, is there a reason to have 5/16 or 3/8 or both. Am i right to believe that its best to have 3/8 from the keg then go into 5/16 for the last foot or is this done for another reason, ie, long runs ??

Latest posts

Back