Pinot noir v Pinot Grigio Blush

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desmnd

Reaction score
Hi I like a nice table red wine for a sunday lunch and even christmas turkey. I have never heard of Pinot Grigio Blush or Merlot Blush.

P.S. I used to but Calefornia conesur wine kits. These are no longer available and was told On the house was a good equive,ent. I have to say it is poor aquality and tastes like watered down wine. The shop who supples me sells cellar 7. Can anyone recomend this?

Hope everyone had a nice home brew drunk Christmas. Desmond.

Last edited:
Which On The House did you try Desmond?

I had a Cellar 7 a long time ago, probably a Merlot. Relatives didn't want a second glass! Was a good day when it was all gone.

The OTH Shiraz though inferior to the Cal Conn would still be better than the Cellar 7, in my opinion.

Others may differ.

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I had a Shiraz. Very disapointed in it. I am looking to do a Beaverdale Rojo Tinto. I have always been partial to Spanish reds. A little bit more expensive but It is a good brand. Thanks I will avoid celler 7 and was told to avaid Solomon Grundy.

Wine Expert is a lot more expensive. Maybe has more grape juce in it.

Could someone put these in order of prefrence

Beverdale
Magnum
On the house
Solomon Grundy
Vine co
Wine bB Expert

Last edited:
If you work on price and quantity of juice, you will mostly be right with reds.

The old Beaverdale Rojo Tinto was ok/good.

The new Beaverdale should be similar to the OTH. Both made by the same company, same price, same quantity of juice.

Vinco and WinExpert are again the same company. Bear in mind there are different ranges, Classic, Expert etc.
So again go by price and quantity.

We are just beginning to find out how these new kits compare to the old so your feedback would be helpful.

There are a couple of other recent threads where we have discussed them.

So Beverdale and OTH are the same company and Vinco and WineExpert the same also. Very strange. Will update in Feb with a verdict on Beverdail.

Latest posts

Back