Shooters?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graysalchemy said:
Another Hobby Nick :eek: :eek:

Not another just awaking an old one. I want meat to go with my home made honey, home made beer's, wines, and jams :lol:

Living the life Nick but I know what you mean, I want to grow my own veg, make my own cheese, make my own hams and bacon and make my own bread, as well the beer ...........

and move back here again

o-kishorn.jpg

graysalchemy said:

If only :mrgreen:

We love the out of the way places in Scotland, we keep on trying to find out of the way cottages for holidays :idea:

Islay was one of the best cottages, a mile off the nearest road (which was miles along a single track road to get to it) no one about, we would sit for hours watching Golden eagles, Red deer, Choughs etc wonderful place :!: The gate up to the cottage was locked, the only person we saw in two weeks was the farmer and his wife in the distance occasionally .... bloody wonderful :!:

As for shooting, gave it up some 20 odd years ago, when the kids came along, but I used to particularly enjoy rough shooting, had loads of contacts and permissions to shoot 'vermin' including deer on several farms. MrsC would often find something hanging in the garage ready for me to finish off butchering.

Ive got a .22 Rat Catcher air rifle, with scope.
Similiar to this one

Crosman-ratcatcher-A71077.jpg

Not used it in a while, its tucked up safe in my out building :D

This is what I have settled for

BROCOCK-SUPER-SIX-CONTOUR.jpg

but with a 3-9x50 scope .22 Broccock Contour super six xl

I used to shoot with a mate, this being around 35 years ago :(

I was pretty good with a 3/4 choke 12 guage, rarely fired at anything I didn't have to pick up later one :)

Since moving around the country I've lost contact with anyone who'd let me shoot on their land, and no longer have a license, hell I'm not even sure what the requirements are for a shot gun license any more?

Doubt I'd get back into it, not without a mate to drag me out / drag out to go and bag summat for sell to the game merchant, or just put in a pie :)

We used to get 10 bob a brace for rabbits and 10 bob for 4 woodies, the woodies weren't really economical considerinng the price of powder and shot back then, but the rabbits kept us in 25th hand motorcycles and petrol for 3 yeas until we got out of school and got real jobs :D At one point the farmer was actually paying us to shoot the things as well, that was serioulsy good times, we bought some bikes that were only 7th hand off that payday :)

I've got my firearms and shotgun licences, have a .22 rimfire and an nice old 12 gauge side by side. I did have a 22/250 and an old .303 but they weren't getting used so decided to sell them and take them off my licence.

I mainly shoot on a local golf course, but it means summer shooting only really as they're understandably not keen on me shooting while there are golfers or grounds staff around :lol: so I head down around 4am when the mornings are light enough, and leave the course around 6am when the grounds staff start to show up.

I enjoy shooting as I shoot most days for work. I never shoot on my days off its the last thing I want to do after a long week at work.

Back