So I visited the wychwood brewery...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich27500

Landlord.
Reaction score
and the tour guide was telling us the ratio of grains in hobgoblin is roughly 80% crystal 20% chocolate and a little bit of pale malt. Thinking I misheard I checked and he repeated those ratios. Having confessed to homebrewing he then declared details like hops a 'trade secret'. Never been a fan of their beers but tried some king goblin and that's ok. They have a new apple flavoured beer coming out tomorrow which we also tried but I really don't like.

The tour guide obviously didn't know anything about brewing then or maths for that matter. Probably why they employed him no chance of him giving away any trade secrets :lol:

clearly not the grain bill, I have tried to do this before - I think the aroma hop is styrian from taste, but I think they have access to the original strain of it, imo styrian is not what it once was

i did the wychwood tour last year was good,
although the guy who took us round was not a brewer,
he worked elsewhere and did the tours at the weekend,
he had been doing tem for around 5 yrs and did a lot of events and stuf with the brewery..

the king goblin was a great tastin beer.. :party:

Latest posts

Back