St Peter's honey Porter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eris solipsis

Reaction score
Having tried the St Peter's Cream stout and liked it a lot , tried the Honey porter from the same stable. Very smooth, but first impression was a weird taste of soap. yeah soap. thought I'd perhaps got it wrong somewhere along the process, but then realised it's the alleged "honey" taste. Like no honey I have experienced, and if that's it. it's overpowering. I shall drink it, but I'll stick with their cream stout in future. which is faultless.
did anyone else get that strange soapy taste?.

It's not great is it. Whilst I wouldn't have described the one I made as soapy the taste was somewhat artificial and overpowering. It mellows a little with age but it was never good.

Still drank it though 😆

Currently drinking the honey porter at the moment. Can’t say I’m getting a soap taste, but i would agree that its somehow artificial & the honey is overpowering (both smell & taste). Also a bit sweet for me. Will def try the cream stout next as that seems to get good recommendations.

Latest posts

Back