vimto recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephent

Reaction score
can anyone point me in the right direction of the vimto recipe? Done a few searches and couldnt find it.

Here is the link to MD's Cheeky Vimto - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5427&start=0&hilit=vimto

But if its a Vimto Wine you looking t make, then see this link, just substitute the Ribena for Vimto. -

750 grams sugar
1 litre bottle strawberry ribena
1 litre asda cranberry juice

mixed sugar with ribena (and some of the cranberrie juice) and boiled gently for 15 mins in a pan to allow any preservatives to boil off and then skimmed scum off.

added a litre of cold water toMdemijohn, and the rest of the carton of cranberrie juice.
then added the sugar / ribena / cranberrie mix to the demijohn and topped up with water (to the shoulder only!)

allowed to cool to room temp
Then added :-
1 teaspoon of youngs yeast
1 teaspoon of youngs nutrient

SG 1.100

I'm sure i saw a recipe for 1 gal of cheeky vimto the other day,so off i rushed and bought a bottle, now i cant find it!! basically wondering what ratio Vimto, apple juice, water, sugar.

cheers

jon

I will be botteling mine tomorrow. I used 75cl Vimto in 4lts apple juice 200grams of sugar its OG WAS 1.075 and the last Gravity reading was 1.012 so comes in at 8% ABV.

it might be yours i saw!?

my vimto is only 725ml so i'll add a little extra sugar, will need more apple juice though, i was sure it said water the one i saw, maybe not!? :eek:

Yes!! :thumb:

Thanks thats the one, no water, dont know where i got that from!!! :oops:

will be getting one on the go today, as long as i can get it done before the rugby!

jon

Glad to be of service :D

That was my first attempt and will be bottled today at 8.3%abv :shock:

Im doing a second batch today but im leaving all the sugar out to see if it comes out a little more user friendly :D

Have fun I know I am :thumb:

Latest posts

Back