Well, thats that then....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
adrianmole72 said:
I've been very proactive...

Fixed it for ya.

Happened to me in 2002. Terrible feeling when you get the news, but you can either accept it and do nothing or get yourself out there. Took me a week and 150 CV's to find something better. I thought that was quite good, but you did it in less than 5 hours. Can you imagine how you would be feeling tonight if you thought, 'OK, I'll have a couple of weeks off then put my CV together.'

The fact that you were looking for a fix within hours of finding the problem probably got you the new job. The only way a prospective employer can read this is 'This guy wants to work.' If you had left it for a month they would be thinking 'This guy needs a job to get some money.'

Well done, and good luck on Monday :thumb: (although I would probably stay off the home brew on Sunday.)

Many thanks, everyone..and thanks Thornyhill for fixing that :thumb:

I'm going back to something I'm good at - they emailed me within a hour of recieving my CV !! Must be my time for a bit of luck :pray:

You are right - I went straight out there,even when i was first put under threat, hammering out the letters and CV's - When I was younger, I had nothing, now I have a little something, I want to keep it...and I don't want to sit on my a**e all day...

Stephen

well done that man.

I'm about to be in the same boat, hopefully find out on Tuesday when it will be all over. We were originally told that they were going to move and take some of the workforce with them which would've meant another 2-3 years work for everyone while the site was built. Now they've just decided to close completely and everyone will be out of a job, possibly by August.

CV already updated, just want to be told a leaving date ASAP so I can start applying and badgering the agencies.

Latest posts

Back