Trump v Biden

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I question the wisdom that a forum moderator uses the forum to air his political views. Shouldn't a moderator, by its very definition, be neutral?

Here we go again.

I am not using my position as Administrator to "Air my political views" i post as a member of the forum with a view on a particular topic as we all do why should i be restricted in what i post because i have a title, i do not using my position to stop members posting their opposing views and do not restrict what people post so please explain why i shouldn't post in any thread here.

I notice you have never brought this up anywhere else in the Snug in all the other threads i have taken part in why have you waited until now to suggest i should be neutral?

I notice you have never brought this up anywhere else in the Snug in all the other threads i have taken part in why have you waited until now to bring this accusation?
I have held this view for a long time.
As to why I haven't aired it before, busy washing my hair

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

When you have finished washing your hair would you care to answer the points i made in my post below or are you just trolling?

I am not using my position as Administrator to "Air my political views" i post as a member of the forum with a view on a particular topic as we all do why should i be restricted in what i post because i have a title, i do not using my position to stop members posting their opposing views and do not restrict what people post so please explain why i shouldn't post in any thread here.

'Here we go again?'
You mean this behaviour was brought up before?

I will not be answering any more of your questions until you answer mine from earlier (below) if you ignore my request again i will assume as i suspect you are trolling the thread by bringing my position here into the discussion even though i have posted "i do not using my position to stop members posting their opposing views and do not restrict what people post"

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

When you have finished washing your hair would you care to answer the points i made in my post below or are you just trolling?

Here we go again.

I notice you have never brought this up anywhere else in the Snug in all the other threads i have taken part in why have you waited until now to suggest i should be neutral?
As I said, I have felt this was for a long time.
You use the snug to air you political views and become passive aggressive towards members who disagree with you.
You acuse me of trolling, when in reality they just do not agree with you.

As I said, I have felt for a long time. You use the snug to air you political views and become passive aggressive towards members who disagree with you.
You acuse me of trolling, when in reality they just do not agree with you.

I suggested you could be trolling the thread because you didn't answer the questions i posted about why i shouldn't post here and instead you posted a flippant comment about washing your hair.

You accused me of using my position to influence what members post even though again i pointed out "i do not using my position to stop members posting their opposing views and do not restrict what people post" i use the snug to discuss topics because i enjoy the debates as i imagine most members who post in them do why should the fact i am a staff member restrict what forums i and the other staff members post in, there are no restrictions on who can post here as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

If you genuinely thought past posts have been passive aggressive why didn't you report them at the time instead of leaving it until now to accuse me of being passive aggressive in previous threads here?

Last edited:
It's tragic that with all the talent available in the United States, the choice most likely offered to voters will be between these two . But the cost of running for election over there , rules out most of the population
A friend of mine, who's an ex US marine and a Democrat, said to me a year ago, it amounts to elder abuse , they have Biden propped up with amphetamines to make him seem sharper . It seems tragically, that even the amphetamines are no longer working .
But I'd still chose him over Trump

It's tragic that with all the talent available in the United States, the choice most likely offered to voters will be between these two . But the cost of running for election over there , rules out most of the population
A friend of mine, who's an ex US marine and a Democrat, said to me a year ago, it amounts to elder abuse , they have Biden propped up with amphetamines to make him seem sharper . It seems tragically, that even the amphetamines are no longer working .
I think Biden markets himself as the only one that can beat Trump. The scary thing is the war in Gaza (and Bidens support for Israel) may peel some support from people who would be expected to support Biden ie. Muslim Americans, young liberals, etc

This is a genuine question. If Biden is being elder abused who is controlling him?
It seems to me that Trump is much more difficult to control. Whether either situation is good for the US or the world I'm not sure 🤔

Removed - following a mod editing the post to remove part of it, and meaning the context was lost on the rest.

Last edited:
I have deleted a couple of posts this morning due to the fact i have explained several times "i do not using my position to stop members posting their opposing views and do not restrict what people post" and i am still being accused of doing it, i have been a member of this forum 11 years and have over 50,000 posts and have been accused of being passive aggressive in my manner of posting once, if any members believe i or any members of the moderating team shouldn't post in political threads in the snug due to our positions here please discuss it with Admin, there is no point in discussing this further here as its obvious our opinions on the subject are not going to change.

Last edited:
Just to clarify something - @Chippy_Tea as admin / mod and a member has every right to post here as much as anyone else. It is strange this is even a discussion as mods/admins on many other forums participate also, so this is just normal.

Now let's drop this subject and keep deciding which is worse for US - Biden or Trump, or who is best Trump or Biden (or whomever is pulling his strings. A lot believe it's the Obama crew)

While putting down Biden's mental capacity in public the speaker of the house admits privately that Biden is sharp and on focus whenever they interact.
Who amoung us could get through a week, with every move being thoroughly scrutinized, without misspeaking or stumbling?

Latest posts

Back