Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Wine, Cider & Other Home Brewing Talk > Wine & Cider Kit Reviews > Beaverdale Pinot Grigio

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
darrellm

Liked 475 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default Re: Beaverdale Pinot Grigio

After my initial review at the top of this thread back in May, I stashed a bottle away for Xmas, which we drank last night. All I can say is wow Leaving it 6 months has made it even better.

Can also recommend the Beaverdale Chardonnay kit, which produces another cracking white. I've tried some of the reds too, and whilst they're OK, I wouldn't say the results are as good as the whites, which in my opinion are as good as any sub-£10 bottle of wine I've ever bought.

Old 17-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
kentbrewer

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have done this kit several times always with good results. its a good early drinker probably even better after 3 months but has never made it that far.
I put this straight into 5ltr bags and always have one in the fridge.

Made a bit of a mistake on my last batch and bagged it too early resulting in the wine not being as clear is I have made it before, but this does not effect the taste and still a nice easy drinker.

I do prefer the taste of the Kenridge pinot which is very nice early and just gets better and better!

Old 16-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
scotsbaker

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Just bottled my Beaverdale Pinot Grigio today and it has a lovely taste already. This was my first ever Beaverdale and I followed the recipe to the letter. It cleared within a week of finishing the process and has an amazing clarity.

Old 16-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #14
Vinotinto

Liked 107 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsbaker View Post
Just bottled my Beaverdale Pinot Grigio today and it has a lovely taste already. This was my first ever Beaverdale and I followed the recipe to the letter. It cleared within a week of finishing the process and has an amazing clarity.
Nice to hear that the whites hold up to the reds. Not really into white myself but.....