Beaverdale sequence

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garydm

Reaction score
I’ve just added the stabiliser to my Beaverdale 30 bottle Shiraz mix. The instructions say to stir over three days and then it’s not exactly clear if I add the kieselsol now or after the three days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gary

Are these the same instructions?

Add the sachet of Stabiliser to the wine, this will prevent future fermentation taking place. However, it will not stop the present fermentation, so make absolutely sure the wine has completely stopped. A hydrometer reading should be the same for three continuous days, if in doubt leave for a further period. It will do no harm at all. Once you are sure the fermentation is complete swirl the container for 3 or 4 minutes to remove the carbon dioxide gases. This should be repeated several times (at least 3 times a day for 3-4 days). The more this is done the easier it will be to clear the wine. A Ritchie De-Gasser is perfect for this and makes the process very easy.

8. The wine should now have the finings added. Add the sachet of Kieselsol to the container, shake for 10 seconds to mix, replace cap and leave for 24 hours. Now add the Chitosan to the container, shake for 10 seconds to mix, replace cap. Leave in a cool place to clear. The wine should be clear in 3-7 days, dependent on the conditions it could be before this. Finings work best if they are lightly mixed in (folded in).

9. When the wine is clear, it should be carefully syphoned off the yeast sediment using a U-bend and plastic tubing, (Ritchie Auto Syphon is excellent for this), either directly into the wine bottles or into another 23 litre container.

Latest posts

Back