3 brews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abi

Reaction score
This is probably the wrong section to post this but i couldnt decide where to post it.
I will keep it short. I have brewed 3 brews 2 kits ,a bitter and an ipa and an extract stout. All brews are a good beer taste with the extract coming out the best by far. Both kits taste fine but you can tell they are kits compared to the stout. When i have a drink at night which is normally 2 bottles. When i drink comercial beer or my stout iam fine in the morning even if i have drank 3, but when i have a couple of my kit brews i seem to have a bit of a hangover, has anybody else experienced this or knows the reason why. Thanks for listening and as i said earliar i am sorry if this is not the right board. cheers . Gary

pittsy said:
may be to do with the amounts of (cane/table)sugar , i think it can be a reason for hangovers
Hi cheers for the reply, but i did use brewing sugar and spraymalt in both kits to give it a bit better outcome, the abv was 6.6 on the bitter and 5.9 on the ipa.

Grays is the expert on how they are produced but I think fusel alcohols are one of the main culprits for homebrew sore heads.

EDIT: fusal = fusel.

calumscott said:
Grays is the expert on how they are produced but I think fusel alcohols are one of the main culprits for homebrew sore heads.

They come from high fermentation temp.

Back