Homebrew - My new obsession

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bread is all sour dough which can get some objections if it is too hard or a little sour, still work in progress.

Must try Pizza with the kids.

:thumb:

graysalchemy said:
My bread is all sour dough which can get some objections if it is too hard or a little sour, still work in progress.

Respect for going down the sour dough route. I love the smell of it.

One of my pizza recipes involves letting the dough ferment for 24-36 hours. The dough comes out smelling really strong and the flavour is amazing. My dough has improved a lot since i last used my pizza oven so im excited to the see the results when im back in production.

Fresh beer and fresh pizza party. Sounds brilliant! but not for the chef :(

I found my dream restaurant in Cardiff which served fresh pizza cooked in front of you and beer brewed fresh on site. I was in heaven :cheers:

sblair1979 said:
graysalchemy said:

One of my pizza recipes involves letting the dough ferment for 24-36 hours. The dough comes out smelling really strong and the flavour is amazing. My dough has improved a lot since i last used my pizza oven so im excited to the see the results when im back in production.

I found my dream restaurant in Cardiff which served fresh pizza cooked in front of you and beer brewed fresh on site. I was in heaven :cheers:

I like the sound of the slow fermented dough, what's the recipe for that?

I recently started making pizza dough using Zero Zero flour. It makes such a difference, it is the equivalent of going to All Grain brewing (not that I have tasted AG1 or 2 yet).

Welcome to the forum.

Homebrewing is definitely a lot easier than keeping tropical fish. I suppose making pizza is easier - even if you have a crappy oven, as I do, but the gratification comes much more quickly!

orlando said:
sblair1979 said:
graysalchemy said:

I like the sound of the slow fermented dough, what's the recipe for that?

This one. Makes a nice authentic Italian style Pizza. I add normal toppings to this to jazz it up for the missus. Her fave is Red Onion, Red Chillis, Green Jalapenos, Pepperoni and Chicken. Havent named it :D

Not allowed to link yet but search for "San Marzano tomato pizza" on the BBC website by James Martin (TV guy).

Very nice :thumb:

I also sometimes use recipes from this book

Image.ashx

I've tweaked the recipes a bit over the last year but those are great starting points.

bembexia said:
Welcome to the forum.

Homebrewing is definitely a lot easier than keeping tropical fish. I suppose making pizza is easier - even if you have a crappy oven, as I do, but the gratification comes much more quickly!

I found tropical fish quite easy to be honest. As an engineer i loved setting up the hardware like pumps, heating etc and then i grew natural plants in the tank to keep the nastys under control. I always understocked my tanks to reduce the nitrate levels and need for water changes. The fish rarely died so all i had to do was trim the plants every so often and the odd water change.

Pizzas are not really that easy in my opinion. Its easy to make a Pizza but i lived in Italy for a while so my expectations are really high. I've yet to make a pizza that im really 100% happy with. Guess thats what makes me keep trying to improve. I can make the same pizza with the same ingredients in the same oven three weeks in a row and they will all be different. Very frustrating :x

With beer i have no doubt i'll progress to all grain in the near future. If its the "proper" way to do it then it will bug me not doing it that way. I visit Germany a fair bit with work and love going to the brewery pubs to try the amazing fresh beer. My new house has reduced my cash flow at the moment but once that settles down and i convert my garage into a mancave/brewery (missus gave me full creative control in there) then the fun will really begin :cheers:

Robbo100 said:
I recently started making pizza dough using Zero Zero flour. It makes such a difference, it is the equivalent of going to All Grain brewing (not that I have tasted AG1 or 2 yet).

Agreed. Its easy to find in the supermarkets these days so worth getting the right flour. I also like using plum tomatoes for my Passata.

sblair1979 said:

And where in Cardiff is the holy grail mix of pizza and beer?? I have a need to visit this place ASAP. Berlinda Carlisle was right Heaven is a place on earth :thumb: :eek:

Will12283 said:
sblair1979 said:

And where in Cardiff is the holy grail mix of pizza and beer?? I have a need to visit this place ASAP. Berlinda Carlisle was right Heaven is a place on earth :thumb: :eek:

The only place it exists!

Will12283 said:
sblair1979 said:

Cant add link but its Zero Degrees in Cardiff.

I went with another pizza snob, we both liked the pizza and the beer was nice. :cheers:

Fantastic. We had the duck pizza between me an swmbo. I went for the black lager and really enjoyed it (was nice to find a lager that had the chocolate and coffee notes to it) , swmbo went for the pilsner and she enjoyed they too. Will be going back there hopefully sometime soon.

Will12283 said:
Fantastic. We had the duck pizza between me an swmbo. I went for the black lager and really enjoyed it (was nice to find a lager that had the chocolate and coffee notes to it) , swmbo went for the pilsner and she enjoyed they too. Will be going back there hopefully sometime soon.

Nice one. Im trying to get SWMBO to take me there for my birthday soon. :cheers:

It's my 30th on Thursday and we are off out Friday night, so I'm trying to get swmbo to take me there before the show we are going to see

Not sure it's going to be happy I trying to avoid it lol (feel old enough anyway).
It's going to be a big few weeks got my birthday, wife's graduation for her PhD and bambino's first birthday all in 3 weeks.

Back