Keg leak. HELP!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunglebrewsbeer

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just kegged beer a week ago and think I've a leak. Doesn't seem to be as carbed up as other brews by this time. I've screwed canister on top to give it a quick blast on removing can hear it hissing for a few seconds after. Got full keg and ideally don't want it to go to waste. Any ideas?

Do you know where its leaking from? I assume you vaselined the thread.
I had this on a kingkeg, and used the hissing to tell me when I had the correct seal on the lid. I used a few CO2 bulbs, but found that it was undertightened then overtightened but got the seal right in the end and its grand now.
Bit irritating using bulbs but the beer is always worth it in the end.

Just offering my experiences with my top tap king keg (S30 valve).
From the connect valve for the C02, if the pressure is too high it kind of pushes up the valve and releases gas. This is a safety feature.

What puzzles me is you say it isnt as carbed up, so perhaps it's the screw on the underside of the lid? (First time using mine was loose and didnt hold pressure - wont be making that mistake again)

I hope i've been clear enough, and no doubt somebody else more knowledgeable will come along shortly

All the best
Callum

Think may have sorted it. We shall see. Put more gas in and nothing coming out but a small leak of fluid around the tap at bottom. Have tightened this up and now no leak from tap area. So fingers crossed might have cracked it. We shall see. Tastes good though. Rude not to sample some as a reward.

Back