Party dispenser corny keg disconnect

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Unusually not a question but information some might find useful. Conscious it might be old news for some.

Assembled some new party dispensers for my corny kegs as I'm putting them back into service and when I tested them they leaked from between the spring loaded thing and the body...

disconnect1.jpg

Most of the things I found when googling was about the post itself leaking which wasn't the issue here. Found a post that mentioned tightening something up. Reasoned that it must be the slotted bit at the top. Got a screw driver and made sure they were real tight. One stopped leaking but the other didn't. So I slackened that one back, attached it and then tightened it until the leak stopped.

Never knew this could be a problem.

Unusually not a question but information some might find useful. Conscious it might be old news for some.

Assembled some new party dispensers for my corny kegs as I'm putting them back into service and when I tested them they leaked from between the spring loaded thing and the body...

View attachment 92460

Most of the things I found when googling was about the post itself leaking which wasn't the issue here. Found a post that mentioned tightening something up. Reasoned that it must be the slotted bit at the top. Got a screw driver and made sure they were real tight. One stopped leaking but the other didn't. So I slackened that one back, attached it and then tightened it until the leak stopped.

Never knew this could be a problem.
Don't you 'occasionally' strip them right down for cleaning ?

I strip mines down and clean them regularly, along with the party tap dispenser.

@Caramel Ox and @Twostage - Just unscrew that top part and it will open up to reveal the spring and plunger. Give them a clean then re-assemble and screw in the top part again. The slot for the screwdriver should finish perpendicular to the barbed nozzle, if that makes sense.

Don't you 'occasionally' strip them right down for cleaning ?
Nope.

I got the cornies just before I packed in brewing last time so wouldn't have used them enough. I'm assembling new ones now I've taken it back up. I think I would have relied on flushing them through when I cleaned the corny but I'll add a strip down to the routine now. athumb..

Latest posts

Back