Grainfather vs Braumeister

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EssexBrewing

Reaction score
I've decided to go All Grain and I've been looking at the options.

I don't have the space for a 3 vessel system, I could do BIAB but keep being drawn to a Braumeister.

There was a thread on here about Grainfather's, but I can't find it now.

Is the extra Braumeister worth the extra money.

It would be good to see both in operation, does anyone know if that's possible at all to see demos of them.

I'm sure I posted on the Grainfather thread about a demo I heard was happening. Don't know what happened to it. Thought some peeps might find it useful. It was in June. I was talking to the importer Paul Dodd from imake who told me about it.

Thanks MyQul my post has been deleted for some reason. Sorry if I upset the mods. Didn't mean to. Thought it would be useful. Oh well.

Thanks, I have some contacts now :)

Shame about the missing post, I wish I'd got the details before it vanished.

Thanks MyQul my post has been deleted for some reason. Sorry if I upset the mods. Didn't mean to. Thought it would be useful. Oh well.

I have checked and cannot find any deleted posts that you have made.

Check your PM's. :thumb:

Here's the thread on grainfather.

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52346

Fil or Dr Mick might be willing to let to observe/join in a brew day?

I'm pretty sure London Beer Lab use brausmeisters of some sort so If you went on one of there brewworkshops you'd be getting a good demo.

I'd be happy to. I'm going to blog my first brew day when I get the time which might help and I'd happily video my next session? Obviously I can't comment on the Braumeister but the Grainfather was very easy to use and the quality is decent enough.

Before you say call me crazy, your f*ing crazy dude.

The braumeister is about 3-4x the price of the grainfather. They both work well from what Iv seen. End of the day they both do the same job other than grainfather is limited to how much you can brew.

I'd also pre order one from brewuk, not plugging but usually if you bang an order in first they fire you across a 5% your next order which will help. Only ever ordered once for around £100 and they fired me one across. Alternatively you can sign up and put items in your basket and within 7 days they will send you a coupon.

I wanted one not so long ago. I'm going for a gas burner and a ss pot instead, already got the mash tun. With the 400 saved bought a nice ss conical

If you go to lovebrewing website you will directed to the grainfather website in New Zealand there demos are first class :drink:

Grainfather have a demo on YouTube, I know it doesn't show the quality of the equipment but it shows everything from start to finish.

I can post a like if you want.

i friend purchased a 20 ltr brewmiester a few weeks back in invited me over last week to have a try of it. i was very impressed with it. the build quality seems great.
i was very impressed with the brew day we had and how easy it was. the eficancy was also very good. much more than ive achieved with my 3 vessal setup. id definatly concider purchasing one if i had the funds

Back