Pot size for Electric Biab

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mateusz

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need some advice. I've done around 30 batches on my Grainfather G30 and after couple mods I'm very happy with this system, however we all know that's not ideal setup. Recently done couple high gravity brews and my efficiency was very poor comparing to normal 1.050-1.060 batch. I'm thinking to get second system just for: a) bigger batches - max 40L for 2 kegs, b) high gravity beers. I was thinking about electric BIAB system, and here I need your advice.
I have old, 50L keg which I could possible convert to keggle, but including heating element/elements, taps, pump etc. I'm thinking is it maybe better to just buy something like this:
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/pro...l-system-stainless-kettle-2kw/?v=2190f0186d63
Is 50L pot like this suitable for 40L batch?
I have 18L sparge water heater, so if I understand properly I don't need full volume during mash(like in G30)?

Sorry for being chaotic, hopefully it's all clear.

Thanks
Matty

Hey all,

I need some advice. I've done around 30 batches on my Grainfather G30 and after couple mods I'm very happy with this system, however we all know that's not ideal setup. Recently done couple high gravity brews and my efficiency was very poor comparing to normal 1.050-1.060 batch. I'm thinking to get second system just for: a) bigger batches - max 40L for 2 kegs, b) high gravity beers. I was thinking about electric BIAB system, and here I need your advice.
I have old, 50L keg which I could possible convert to keggle, but including heating element/elements, taps, pump etc. I'm thinking is it maybe better to just buy something like this:
https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/pro...l-system-stainless-kettle-2kw/?v=2190f0186d63
Is 50L pot like this suitable for 40L batch?
I have 18L sparge water heater, so if I understand properly I don't need full volume during mash(like in G30)?

Sorry for being chaotic, hopefully it's all clear.

Thanks
Matty

The desciption says it does 23 litre batches and you need to add a second element powered through a separate circuit if you want to do bigger batches.

The desciption says it does 23 litre batches and you need to add a second element powered through a separate circuit if you want to do bigger batches.
Yeah I know that, my G30 has 2kW heating element so I imagine that's way too small for double batch, but that pot has 2 TC ports, so no issue to upgrade in future.

Back