Message Board Brewing Competition announcement thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm interested, but I fear the logistics will be a problem, unless there are enough people local to each other who would do this. If travelling is involved, people will have to make a note of the yeast used, as some don't settle (and stick) as well as others.
I used to be in a wine / beer circle (many years ago!) and enjoyed the competition as you had lots of feedback. Strange how people think you don't want to hear the down side of a brew you've just made!
I never won a beer comp, I always came 2nd to a Boots Kit; ha! those were the days eh!
I've visited this site occasionally to see what's going on; my last visit was to say I've changed from malt extract to an AG brew.... what a difference!

Hi, I'm interested, but I fear the logistics will be a problem, unless there are enough people local to each other who would do this. If travelling is involved, people will have to make a note of the yeast used, as some don't settle (and stick) as well as others.
I used to be in a wine / beer circle (many years ago!) and enjoyed the competition as you had lots of feedback. Strange how people think you don't want to hear the down side of a brew you've just made!
I never won a beer comp, I always came 2nd to a Boots Kit; ha! those were the days eh!
I've visited this site occasionally to see what's going on; my last visit was to say I've changed from malt extract to an AG brew.... what a difference!

It'll all be done by post, costs a couple of quid to send a bottle 2nd class so hopefully that won't put people off.

Just a reminder that entries for the inaugural competition need to reach me by the end of October which is only 9 weeks away so if you haven't got a brew on for it yet you still have time.

I was thinking, is there a thread or post somewhere we can link to which has instructions on how to safely package beer for the post?

How do I enter. Ive got a brew made in the sheep dip troff using some Irish Sea weed...intersting taste but better than Guiness

Back