Bottle swap Dronfield and Rotherham.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46.philh

Regular.
Reaction score
Met up with robbarwell the other night who had very kindly picked up supplies for me.

We swapped some bottles and here are the my thoughts for you Rob and an apologise in advance I really am poor and describing beer.

Dronfield Pale Ale
Good clear golden colour but with very little Carbonation. For me I think it needs more hops / taste.
What hops did you use ?
Sorry mate it needs improvement for me.

Blackberry Stout.
Lovely dark ale which poured well, just about right Carbonation level and good head retention.
I think some stout can be easily overpowering with either too much black malt but this tastes just right.

Now this was a very good pint! I would defiantly have plenty more, well done.

The misses said I must have liked it as the Dronfield PA took me all night to drink and I had nearly supped this one before finished writing this! :thumb: :cheers:

Thanks for the feedback.

The Dronfield Pale was a bit of an experiment with a hop I cannot spell Hollertau or sommat. If I do it again I will move it back to cascade.

I did it for summer with boat loads of cascade it went down very very well.

Thanks for the feedback for the Blackberry Stout, that one is in the Homebrew comp with Dronfield Best Bitter. Newxt time we meet up I will let you have a go on that (just bottled 4 gallons yesterday)

For the record your WWS was superb, slipped down a treat, no issues with it at all, beautiful colour, a little vigerous out of the bottle but really good head retention.

It laced the side of the glass. the head would still be there now if I had not supped it.

Well done, a beer you can be proud of

Latest posts

Back