Selling beer...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wondered how UBREW can do what they do, my guess which could be totally wrong it either part of the premises is a registered brewery and part isn't or they have a special deal with HMRC.

Looks like Ubrew are crowdfunding for new places in Manchester and Berlin. They must have it sorted. Drygate in Glasgow do a similar course/batch brew scheme. Almost like renting the kit to brew? Dunno how they get around HMRC, food safety, licensing and Average Quantity System unless it is only for personal consumption? Also apologise for the hijack,,,, :whistle: I do sell my beer and it does work fairly well. I read the microbrewery handbook lots and it helped

I have wondered how UBREW can do what they do, my guess which could be totally wrong it either part of the premises is a registered brewery and part isn't or they have a special deal with HMRC.

The last time I was their (about a year ago) they had two large area (railway arches) one is totally given over to brewing the other was part brewing, part tap room, with the tables and chairs extending into the brewing bit when it wasnt being used to brew. I'm guessing they have similar liscences that you would need for a brew pub

It seems then, (which was the way I was thinking of doing it) that you would have seperate areas/rooms, with one registered with HMRC as a brewery/brewery tap for duty purposes and a seperate area for people to use for their own personal brews which would not be sold.

I did register with UBREW for their Manchester branch but have never heard anything so I assume they have not had the level of interest or there is some other problem holding things up. I am now thinking of doing my own smaller scale setup.

I heard somewhere (on a beernomicon podcast i think) that finding suitable property that can be licensed as a brewery in manchester is quite tricky at the moment.

Personally can't stand their anti-homebrewing BS on their Manchester website, so won't be using them.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I heard somewhere (on a beernomicon podcast i think) that finding suitable property that can be licensed as a brewery in manchester is quite tricky at the moment.
Think I was just listening to the same episode! It was the fella from Beatnikz Republic

Latest posts

Back