Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Beer Brewing Equipment Discussion > Klarstein Beer Dispensers

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 19-09-2017, 05:23 PM   #71
Fore

Liked 123 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I've noticed recently that the kegs have a rudimentary pressure gauge. A day after you have kegged, the plastic stopper in the bung recedes back into the bung a bit. Not much, maybe less than a mm, but enough to feel it when you rub your finger over. Then at some point during the carbing process, it pops back out again, more or less flush with the bung. My last brew took two weeks for the plastic stopper to pop back into place for example. On my brew which was over-carbed, the plastic stopper had started protruding out beyond the bung. Again not by much, but enough to feel when you rub your finger over it. So I start to be able to roughly judge the keg pressure/state using that plastic stopper.
MiniKeg: AG Guinness
Fermenter: empty
Planned: Courage Directors...Paters...Boltmaker...Cherry wheat...Westmalle Tripel...Gale's Festival Mild...

Old 19-09-2017, 09:38 PM   #72
Braufather

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Like everything that happens no with brewing you think you have found a solution, only to find maybe not. So I went away on holiday looking foward to getting back and getting one of these.

Now I am back, catching up on the thread I now worry about getting the right bungs. I am worrying about getting the right co2 cartridges. And will it leak? The hassle I find with bottling now seems the Easy option again!

So for someone, who wants to keep it simple, is not a fan ( or has any talent!) with diy or mechanical tinkering, - is this the way to go?

Old 20-09-2017, 05:19 AM   #73
MickDundee

Liked 527 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braufather View Post
Like everything that happens no with brewing you think you have found a solution, only to find maybe not. So I went away on holiday looking foward to getting back and getting one of these.

Now I am back, catching up on the thread I now worry about getting the right bungs. I am worrying about getting the right co2 cartridges. And will it leak? The hassle I find with bottling now seems the Easy option again!

So for someone, who wants to keep it simple, is not a fan ( or has any talent!) with diy or mechanical tinkering, - is this the way to go?
I'm the least DIY minded person on the planet and I love mine. I've had no issues with cartridges or bungs, and have managed to keep beer fresh for 3+ weeks.
Braufather Likes This 
Old 21-09-2017, 06:23 PM   #74
Braufather

Ok, will give it a go.

Old 27-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #75
Braufather

They are £157 now. 37% off, what were the Last month?

Old 27-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #76
MickDundee

Liked 527 Times on 377 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braufather View Post
They are £157 now. 37% off, what were the Last month?
About £120 I think. I paid £144 back in May.