Pressure, but no beer ☹️

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengee

Reaction score
It's my first brew with the corny keg. I plugged in the line, plugged the line into the dispense tap thing.

At first there was a bit beer frothing, there some beer in the line, but only the smallest dribble comes out the party tap. Tried increasing the pressure to no avail.

Any idea as to what the problem might be?

Try physically loosening the beer post from the keg until it starts to leak then finger tight back up again, this might work.

I have the same problem with one of mine, I've tried a frew things but I think I'm going to have to replace the post as it's a real pain in the neck.

Sorted it. Gas in line wasn't correctly seated. Think I may have wasted a great deal of co2.

My beer doesn't seem to be clearing

Attachments

• 16859918793667780219381122200320.jpg
    16859918793667780219381122200320.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
If it's been sat in corny for a few days and your not using a floating dip tube then the first few pints will pull through all the trub that's sink to bottom ( but yours does look very murky)

If it's been sat in corny for a few days and your not using a floating dip tube then the first few pints will pull through all the trub that's sink to bottom ( but yours does look very murky)
Out of curiosity, how much beer is left once the keg kicks when using a floating dip tube? I remember the old days with the top tap pressure barrels and a float leaving a couple of pints behind 🤔

Cheers Tom

I'm suspecting there was a fair bit of yeast trub in there and that was one of the reasons it wasn't pouring as well, if you've then shaken up the keg a bit with trying to sort the post that will have resuspended some of it and yielded an interesting looking pint.
I recommend pouring a couple of pints like that to get rid of the trub and then let it settle for a few days. If possible it's better to transfer beer that's already cleared into a keg rather than letting it clear in a keg.

Out of curiosity, how much beer is left once the keg kicks when using a floating dip tube? I remember the old days with the top tap pressure barrels and a float leaving a couple of pints behind 🤔

Cheers Tom
I only have one of my kegs with a floating dip tube and it hasn't kicked yet! But I wouldn't expect to loose much as it's cut to length to reach bottom (accepting that the last pints will have all the trub)

Hopefully I've reconnected the gas line now. I'm going to keep it at 20psi for 3 days, then try again. Clearly that's a number which I just plucked out the sky. Would this be a good thing to do?

Will it help clear the beer?

I can't tell you how annoyed I am, been looking forward to tasting my citrus IPA for days😡, guess a few more won't hurt

I'm suspecting there was a fair bit of yeast trub in there and that was one of the reasons it wasn't pouring as well, if you've then shaken up the keg a bit with trying to sort the post that will have resuspended some of it and yielded an interesting looking pint.
I recommend pouring a couple of pints like that to get rid of the trub and then let it settle for a few days. If possible it's better to transfer beer that's already cleared into a keg rather than letting it clear in a keg.
Unfortunately, I dont have another keg :(:confused:.....thats surely the dream!

Hopefully I've reconnected the gas line now. I'm going to keep it at 20psi for 3 days, then try again. Clearly that's a number which I just plucked out the sky. Would this be a good thing to do?

Will it help clear the beer?

I can't tell you how annoyed I am, been looking forward to tasting my citrus IPA for days😡, guess a few more won't hurt
20 psi is likely to be too much - it depends on the temperature it is at. In a fridge somewhere around 12 psi would suit.

20 psi is likely to be too much - it depends on the temperature it is at. In a fridge somewhere around 12 psi would suit.
Unfortunately it's not in a fridge, have got that far yet. It's outside in the shed. As it's quite warm at the moment, its got to be reasonably warm.

I'll dial it down a bit. Is the rule of thumb lower temp, lower pressure?

Unfortunately it's not in a fridge, have got that far yet. It's outside in the shed. As it's quite warm at the moment, its got to be reasonably warm.

I'll dial it down a bit. Is the rule of thumb lower temp, lower pressure?
Instead of a rule of thumb use a calculator…Keg Carbonation Calculator - Brewer's Friend

The warm carbonated beer isn’t going to be great though? Edit - I mean because of it being warm.

Latest posts

Back