Brewing in the current (hot!) climate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanglish

Reaction score
As a newbie I'm always looking to learn and I recently put on a Lowciz Rasperryade with the tried and tested recipe. Youngs Super Wine Yeast Compound & Nutrient were added but 9 days later I've taken the gravity and it's indicating almost no fermentation has taken place.

Sterilisation should not have been an issue as I was using a brand new 5l Water bottle converted to a DJ. However I got hold of an electronic thermometer and the room where the brew is stored, although shady reached 29 degrees the other day. Do you reckon this could have killed the yeasties as I had assumed they would cope but I was going to give it a couple of weeks to ensure all the aldehydes had been cleared off etc.

The other thing I was thinking is that I added nutrient but have been using the youngs compound which apparently has those already added - but surely you can't over-nutrient per-se?

What are everyone's thoughts about brewing in the current temperatures?

Yep, that's the boy.

It's the first time I've used this yeast as well but got it as everyone seems to rate it extremely highly. Unless I got a 'bad one' :)

Latest posts

Back