A daft question.......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsmowbo

Reaction score
Just sterilising bottles for for my first brew and its occurred to me that nowhere I have read mentions about doing the same to the crown caps that I am going to use....

Should these also be sterilised?

Great I will do then. Seem silly not to but just thought I would check!

Thanks

Also about to bottle. My Beer is in a brewing bucket . I am going to add the priming solution direct to the bucket. Now when I stir it I am guessing a lot of the yeast and stuff at the bottom will get mixed in. I am guessing that I need some yeast to get the secondary fermentation going. Maybe I should stir then leave for a few hours but might this be bad for the beer as it will be exposed to the air again.

What do you all think. Thanks Richard

Richardb22 said:
Also about to bottle. My Beer is in a brewing bucket . I am going to add the priming solution direct to the bucket. Now when I stir it I am guessing a lot of the yeast and stuff at the bottom will get mixed in. I am guessing that I need some yeast to get the secondary fermentation going. Maybe I should stir then leave for a few hours but might this be bad for the beer as it will be exposed to the air again.

you should add the priming solution to a spare bottling bucket then syphon the beer in to that, you dont really want to be adding into the fv then stirring and mixing it all up again.

Richardb22 said:

I wouldn't do that mate. If you haven't got a spare bucket to do it as Abey said i would prime each bottle individually and then syphon into your bottles taking care not to disturb the sediment at the bottom of the fermenter

:cheers:

Thanks All,
I went and got a spare bucket from Wilkinsons.

Now to work. Only six weeks to go now till I pop my first Bottle :cheers:

Richard

If you are getting a spare bucket, get yourself a Little Bottler. It fits on the tap of the bucket and makes filling bottles so much easier.

littleb_1.jpg

little-bottler05.jpg

Latest posts

Back