6 Nations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Good evening. Was wondering what beer you'd brew to celebrate the next 6 nations to represent Wales? I've started brewing Stout for Ireland, 80 shilling for Scotland a bitter or pale ale for England, I want to brew something other than Braggot (too fiddly) for Wales, what would you typically scull after a match? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.,

I'd go for either a traditional best bitter inspired by the likes of Reverend James or felinfoel double dragon.

Or more contemporary I think there's a case for a Welsh red Ale, take inspiration from Tiny Rebel's cwtch - and it links nicely with the flag and the red dragon.

Good evening. Was wondering what beer you'd brew to celebrate the next 6 nations to represent Wales? I've started brewing Stout for Ireland, 80 shilling for Scotland a bitter or pale ale for England, I want to brew something other than Braggot (too fiddly) for Wales, what would you typically scull after a match? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.,

Something very bitter?

Teehee :-D

Albright clone. You never forget your Welsh.

One for the older generation of us taffs.

which was the advert that went "extension on the extension ......Open!"?

There is a recipe for a couple of Felinfoel recipes in the Graham Wheeler book. Double Dragon certainly, so maybe that?

which was the advert that went "extension on the extension ......Open!"?

There is a recipe for a couple of Felinfoel recipes in the Graham Wheeler book. Double Dragon certainly, so maybe that?

Where I'm from felinfoel was known as 'feeling fowl'.

But then thats Abergavenny for you

The chaps from Brewing TV did a traditional Irish Dublin Porter called Sraid Dhasain. I'm going to try this one in time for my birthday/6 nations (one of the only good things about being a February baby.)

Warminster Maris Otter 4.5kg
Amber malt 45g
Black patent malt 28g
Mash:
67.7C for 75 minutes
75C for 10 minutes
Boil:
12g East Kent Goldings (whole) 3% aa @ 60”

As these guys are Yanks I presume the amber malt is crystal?

No, amber malt is an English malt.

Joey, that recipe looks like nonsense to me. The amber, black and hop quantities look well short. Presumably 450g and 280g for the malts?

Like the murphys, we're not bitter.

Albright clone. You never forget your Welsh.

One for the older generation of us taffs.

Got your Advertising slogans mixed up...

Albright - a Great Bitter (It was rank)
Whitbread? Welsh Bitter - Never forget Your (sic) Welsh (worse)

Do a decent Dark Mild (ala BrA1ns) There's a link above. That way you get a different beer I guess.

Talking about advertising. Remember a few years ago BrA1ns were Wales' shirt sponsors?
French laws prohibit alcohol advertising at sports events so they changed the logo on the shirt to "BrAWn". Made me laugh anyway.

Got your Advertising slogans mixed up...

Albright - a Great Bitter (It was rank)
Whitbread? Welsh Bitter - Never forget Your (sic) Welsh (worse)

Do a decent Dark Mild (ala BrA1ns) There's a link above. That way you get a different beer I guess.

Talking about advertising. Remember a few years ago BrA1ns were Wales' shirt sponsors?
French laws prohibit alcohol advertising at sports events so they changed the logo on the shirt to "BrAWn". Made me laugh anyway.

Doh. You're right. And I'm supposed to be in advertising! My excuse is that I was too young to drink back then. Maybe.

I've got the Wales brains shirt. 2008 grand slam I think I bought that. It's a small and it's still like a dress on me. Must say something about the average welshman's waistline. No doubt from drinking all that Albright

Guys, thanks for the suggestions, love brains, but I love ESB and have never sampled this double dragon, so will go with that, any advice on yeast suitable for this clone. Apologies for late reply (offshore with dodgy tinternet).

Back