Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > General Recipe Discussion > Your "house" brew..

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 17-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #21
LarryF
Brew Numpty

Liked 667 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 571

I like to have a dark ale, a stout and a lager (pseudo so far) on hand to pick from so I tend to do one after the other. As one of the three is running down I get round to topping it up as the next brew comes round. I like to brew all three about the 6% mark, I like the dark ales with a hop tea and a dry hop. I like the lagers with no hop tea but quite a heavy dry hop and the stouts get no hops but I do like a hint of coffee and chocolate in them. It's nice playing mix and match with the hops and yeast as they can make the same kit seem completely different.
Planning: Beer
The signature was starting to be hard work.

Old 17-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #22
Clint

Liked 1038 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 251

All around 6%...that's caning it!
LarryF Likes This 
Old 17-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #23
Zephyr259

Liked 83 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 120

If my wife had her way she'd want my Jet Black Heart clone available at all times but I'm testing out GH's brown porter for now. I'd be tempted to re-brew his Southern Brown Ale now that i have only 4 bottles left. Currently they hobby is still too new and too many styles and ingredients to try out. I just try to have a light, dark and something else to hand most of the time.

Orange Blossom Mead, Blackcurrant Wine

Conditioning
Belgian Brunette

Fermenting
Farmhouse Saison

Planned
Barleywine Braggot, Scottish 80/-, Bock