Xmas beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would Mango Jacks Belgium Tripel be a suitable yeast?

try the one suitable for up to 14% it used to be the belgian ale yeast m27 that will give you a nice funky twist!

I've used it in my Sleighed in Belgium and my ris-key business which are dark strong brews perfect for dark winter nights, or if i'm fed up of light summer beers :whistle:

The style you're making isn't known for having much of a head anyway.

Strong beer. You have plenty of time to ferment it before Christmas. It'll be good.
Good to learn something new as I have been in a right mood when some of my beers don't keep their head

Hi all
As I was bottling some wheat beer I checked the gravity. It's 1030 which makes it 8.4%. So what do you think, give it another week and bottle it or leave it longer in fv?
Cheers.👍

Hi all
As I was bottling some wheat beer I checked the gravity. It's 1030 which makes it 8.4%. So what do you think, give it another week and bottle it or leave it longer in fv?
Cheers.👍

A beer as strong as this? I'd leave for, perhaps, four weeks in the fermenter. Does it have a good lid?

Yeh it's still bulging. Ok I'll leave it alone for 3 more weeks. Cheers for the advice.

Yeh it's still bulging. Ok I'll leave it alone for 3 more weeks. Cheers for the advice.

Just remembered. I think you have bits of fruit in there? If so, you might like to rack off into a different bucket to get the beer off them. Might, or might not, be the right thing to do, not sure if the fruit might add nasty flavours if in there too long.

I'm taking it off the fruit today. Checked the gravity and it's 1020. Everything is floating so going to use a bag on the end of the syphon. Will probably be happy to get 21 litres. It will be the first chance to have a taste.🖒

Ok so it's got some of the xmasy flavours I was going for. It's not unpleasant but I think it's got a way to go yet. It has a nice texture and you can feel the warm glow spread from your mouth. So might be good by xmas. 🖒 oh and it looks like gravy not sure if that's a good thing.

Going to have a bash at a xmas beer, prob from the Greg Hughes recipe but reckon I'll wait till September time as it apparently takes 3mths to condition

Bottled this yesterday. Finishing gravity was 1010 so a bit stronger than I was aiming for. Tastes pretty good.
I'd like to thank those who advised me on this.🖒🖒
I just have to be patient and leave it alone til xmas now.

Bottled this yesterday. Finishing gravity was 1010 so a bit stronger than I was aiming for. Tastes pretty good.
I'd like to thank those who advised me on this.��'��'

best get something else going quickly to help you forget about it... :grin:

must change my sig to forget my xmas stock :-0

I'd like to thank those who advised me on this.�'�'

Good stuff. I think 1.010 is a good place to stop, don't really want cloying beer, even at Christmas. You should try a bottle every couple of weeks, just for experimental purposes. :whistle:

Good stuff. I think 1.010 is a good place to stop, don't really want cloying beer, even at Christmas. You should try a bottle every couple of weeks, just for experimental purposes. :whistle:
Yes I was thinking the same thing. Don't want it to go past its best.

Latest posts

Back