Buffalo boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesbont

Reaction score
Just had my buffalo boiler delivered (40L). Ive filled it with 20 L of water to test it and its been on for 2 hours without coming to a boil. Is this normal? I have no insulated it yet although i plan too.

No, it should be boiling well before 2 hours. What's it doing? What colour is the light?

i turned it of after 2 and 3/4 hours it got to about 80c and didnt rise any more. The light never came on at all. I bought it of nisbets clearance so dont know if light is faulty as it is a b-grade item.

This may be a silly question but you do have the temperature gauge turned up, don't you?

empty it and let it sit for 10mins to cool.
refill with cold tap water.
when you turn it on listen for the element to sizzle, it should be easy to hear.
if you hear sizzle, monitor and listen for the sizzle stopping, that will be the thermostat turning the boiler off.

I ended up fitting a bypass switch so isolating the thermostat so it didn't switch off.

could it be that one of the elements has failed? Although it appears to be a single element if you look at the pic below you can see that it's 2 linked elements. I could see this leading to it being on, but lacking the power to get above a certain temp

jegg_sheath.jpg

Latest posts

Back