Swing top bottle offer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for this but was is the Range? Is the offer online by any chance?

B&M have bottles of Grolsch at £1.39. I stock up 2-3 every week. I must admit these bottles are a lot easier to work with than regular bottles.

Grabbed the only two boxes they had in the shop yesterday. One was even half price because one bottle and bottle top was missing lol! I only need about 20 so didn't mind :)

I've got over a hundred of these bottles. they are really good. I have no negatives to tell you about. I once bought five dozen online at once and because I spent over £50 online, they were delivered free. I think at the time, my order came to something like £49.75 and would have attracted a delivery charge, so I added a daft little steriliser sachet just to get the free delivery. I was looking for these bottles online a little while back and they had disappeared. I think they may just be running down stocks. They were at least a fiver cheaper than anywhere else. I think the Irish company The Home Brew Company whcih gives our forum members a discount also sell them, but they were about £15 from them. They look like the exact same bottles.

EDIT:

Just looked at their online shop. They have them again. Buy some.

http://www.therange.co.uk/search?as...5MO-SH18-2SMY-VV1E-KS23&keywords=beer+bottles

Grolsch £5 for 3 in asda. I know they're only 450ml but I'd much rather buy them full of beer :cheers:

I've got over a hundred of these bottles. they are really good. I have no negatives to tell you about. I once bought five dozen online at once and because I spent over £50 online, they were delivered free. I think at the time, my order came to something like £49.75 and would have attracted a delivery charge, so I added a daft little steriliser sachet just to get the free delivery. I was looking for these bottles online a little while back and they had disappeared. I think they may just be running down stocks. They were at least a fiver cheaper than anywhere else. I think the Irish company The Home Brew Company whcih gives our forum members a discount also sell them, but they were about £15 from them. They look like the exact same bottles.

EDIT:

Just looked at their online shop. They have them again. Buy some.

http://www.therange.co.uk/search?as...5MO-SH18-2SMY-VV1E-KS23&keywords=beer+bottles

I ordered four boxes of these, as that seemed to be a good deal. I've been waiting three weeks for delivery, and I've got two brews that need bottling, but they emailed me today to say they are out of stock and have refunded my order. Rather unimpressed. Why let me order if they don't have them….

Wow that's pretty poor service... Not to rub the salt in or anything but I literally strolled into my local range and bought two boxes off the shelf... Might be worth checking out what they have in store if there is one close enough to you?

I'm not very close by to any I'm afraid, which is why the mail order offer seemed good. I'll have to look elsewhere...

oh no, that sucks! I think it's end of the line or something, as our local range hasn't had any more stock in after I bought the last ones. I need some more though, but don't know whether its a trip worth to the other shop.

they are really quite expensive online... where do you buy them? I need about another 20 and would prefer amber. i found some white ones in one of the brew shops for 25 but out of stock, too.

That's not too bad, thank you!

I was also wondering... I should be able to re-use those kind of bottles with a screw cap, shouldn~t I? I don't know if you know the ones I mean, theyre glass bottles with a metal cap but to open them you unscrew them like a plastic bottle. Then you can screw the cap back on. I buy the Perlenbacher Lager in Lidl sometimes which has those tops.

Shame about the Range running out of stock. The Home brew Co show stocks and sell them slightly more expensively. They look like the same bottles the Range had. They are more or less a quid each. The Range price was £0.83. Not a whole lot of difference as long as they have stocks.

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.u...ch_in_description=1&keyword=swing+top+bottles

3b5fc7cb939d120b83d556fd06eb65d9.image.113x113.jpg

I don't think you can really get a proper seal back on those bottles just by twisting the cap back on. No harm in trying it with a couple though - wouldn't risk a whole batch on it however!

That's not too bad, thank you!

I was also wondering... I should be able to re-use those kind of bottles with a screw cap, shouldn~t I? I don't know if you know the ones I mean, theyre glass bottles with a metal cap but to open them you unscrew them like a plastic bottle. Then you can screw the cap back on. I buy the Perlenbacher Lager in Lidl sometimes which has those tops.

If you mean screw top bottles with metal caps then yes you can reuse them, according to forum members the threads eventually wear and they don't seal properly.

You could buy these which are reusable and great quality (i am now using them on my glass bottles)

Novatwist caps - http://www.novatwist.com/uk/product-benefits.html

Buy (this may not be the cheapest place) - http://www.balliihoo.co.uk/novatwis...or-wine-bottles-silver-pack-of-12-p-1112.html

Just been to the range in Glasgow, got the last box of their swing top bottles. On first inspection they look like good quality bottles, comparable with current grolsch bottles. Pity they didn't have any more was hoping to get at least two boxes.

Shame about the Range running out of stock. The Home brew Co show stocks and sell them slightly more expensively. They look like the same bottles the Range had. They are more or less a quid each. The Range price was �£0.83. Not a whole lot of difference as long as they have stocks.

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.u...ch_in_description=1&keyword=swing+top+bottles

3b5fc7cb939d120b83d556fd06eb65d9.image.113x113.jpg

Am I too dull or did they just send me the wrong bottles? Looks like normal bottles to me that they just threw some swing tops in! What am I supposed to do with that now? Wanted to bottle today.

bottle.jpg

Latest posts

Back