Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > General Discussion > The Snug > Uber looses license in London

Help Support The Homebrew Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 23-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #11
mozza

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Well having just got back from a "vacation" in Orlando (I need to stop using American words for things ) we used Uber every day and I have to say it's one of the best things I've ever used.

Because it's fully fledged over there as soon as you request an uber there are usually 4-5 drivers within a couple miles of you and the longest we had to wait was about 2 minutes. The app tells you the cost before you start and it's basically a moving map that shows the route whilst you're in the car so for us, although some of the drivers were a little odd, we felt really comfortable. It was so cheap I'm not sure how they make a living after Uber takes there cut.

Personally I'd like to see it all over the UK, but I agree it would be damaging for taxi drivers.

Mozza