hobgoblins question thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobgoblin

Reaction score
as i have so many questions rather than spam the forum with topics ill post all my questions in this one topic

ok question1 on ebay i found this and want to know if its worth it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201421143018?var=500604416662

question 2. starsan is an acid based cleaner do i need gloves to use it

question 3. is a king keg worth it not sure how it works with a tap at the top of the keg

ill post more as i have them thanks

as i have so many questions rather than spam the forum with topics ill post all my questions in this one topic

ok question1 on ebay i found this and want to know if its worth it
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201421143018?var=500604416662

question 2. starsan is an acid based cleaner do i need gloves to use it

question 3. is a king keg worth it not sure how it works with a tap at the top of the keg

ill post more as i have them thanks

question 2 - undiluted absolutly.

diluted it does dry my skin and peel it a little after prolonged contact.

my sons skin (24yr old) peels a lot like sunburn peeling so next time he bottles he'll be wearing gloves

Ebay mash tun, ok ish if you have no diy skills, otherwise get a £15 -20 coolbox and a few quid in fittings n pipe

my sons skin (24yr old) peels a lot like sunburn peeling so next time he bottles he'll be wearing gloves
is there anyother no rinse that would be safer

Ebay mash tun, ok ish if you have no diy skills, otherwise get a �£15 -20 coolbox and a few quid in fittings n pipe

if you could be kind enough to list the parts i am willing to build one :thumb:

Agreed, I always use gloves when using Starsan (as this consists of spraying everything in sight) and when it is in its undiluted state, I think it should be treated with extreme care.

sorry not been here real life finds a way to mess with you all the time lol

ok new question how long would my beer last in a pressure barrel

How long is a piece of string. I use King Kegs and really like them especially with the new black taps. The top tap system has a little float that sits on the top of the beer and draws the ale from there. I have never had a beer go of in a pressure barrel, indeed I had a three year hiatus from brewing (I couldn't lift the 5 gallons because of a hernia) I left a barrel with not much in it and the beer was still ok to drink, bit flat maybe but not off.

ok i need some help i want to get all grain going BUT i am having problems with what to boil the bag of grains in i have been up and down ebay but find nothing

i cant afford a grainfarther and such so i need a cheap way to do this heating enough water is also an issue as i cant find pots big enough

any help please my pumpkin ale is begging to be made lol

You shouldn't be boiling your grains! I use the homebrew company BIAB starter kit, and it works a treat.

ok i need some help i want to get all grain going BUT i am having problems with what to boil the bag of grains in i have been up and down ebay but find nothing

i cant afford a grainfarther and such so i need a cheap way to do this heating enough water is also an issue as i cant find pots big enough

any help please my pumpkin ale is begging to be made lol

If your not going the automated/grainfather route you've got two choices.

You could get an electric boiler like Ian mentions or you can go the big pot and gas bottle burner route. I took neither of these and make a concentated wort on my hob with my 18.5L pot and dilute down in the FV.

As far a mashing the grain goes you can BIAB and use your pot/boiler or get/make a mash tun

Latest posts

Back