Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i started to day got 2 on the

strawberry & kiwi just done this minute
3 litres of same juice

and a apple & peach
2 x apple & peach
1 x apple
and the water to dissolve the sugar about a litre

and i put a young cider 32 pints to split later to make flavour cider

i started to day got 2 on the

strawberry & kiwi just done this minute
3 litres of same juice

and a apple & peach
2 x apple & peach
1 x apple
and the water to dissolve the sugar about a litre

and i put a young cider 32 pints to split later to make flavour cider

Strawberry and Kiwi sounds lovely where did you get the juice from dd

So ive sent the wife to Asda to get 3ltrs of red grape juice and 3 ltrs of strawberry and kiwi juice, So this weekend isnt a total loss hopefully get 2 brews going later on today

I would go for a RGJ and a strawberry and kiwi juice in each DJ (3 in all) 800g of sugar and a strong mug of black tea in each and a teaspoon pectolase, yeast, nutrient and glycerine/glycerin for the mouth feel.

You can lower the sugar down to 600g for a lower %ABV 800g will give you around 13%

I would go for a RGJ and a strawberry and kiwi juice in each DJ (3 in all) 800g of sugar and a strong mug of black tea in each and a teaspoon pectolase, yeast, nutrient and glycerine/glycerin for the mouth feel.

You can lower the sugar down to 600g for a lower %ABV 800g will give you around 13%

I'm using 1dj and i followed a recipe from here some where ok different flavours
but then i think i only used 2 strawberry juices in the end as i bought 4 and i drunk one whilst making it i think and found another on the table
god this was before making it if it comes out at 13% what I'm i going to be like after drinking it :D

So ive sent the wife to Asda to get 3ltrs of red grape juice and 3 ltrs of strawberry and kiwi juice, So this weekend isnt a total loss hopefully get 2 brews going later on today

Ended up making
first x2 rgj + 1 strawberry and kiwi + 800 grams of sugar
second x 1 rgj +2 strawberry and kiwi +600 grams of sugar

The first could be like rocket fuel 800g + RGJ 160g sugar (x2) and strawberry and kiwi 126g total = 1246g :shock:

I used to use 1100g of sugar and if i remember right it was around 13%, i have used an on-line calculator and its showing 15%.

That sounds good to me hip mine works and taste good
It's stop frothing and now the airlock is bubbling away every 1-2 seconds the mead has stopped frothing but the bubbling is a little slower of around 3-5 seconds
I got a Wilkos black cherry on the go it's due the next stage tomorrow after 10 days and it's still fizzing away so that'll be a few days late

Hi,

I've got a couple of WOW's that are ready for bottling. A lot of sites seem to suggest that it's a good idea to add a Campden tablet before bottling. I haven't added any at all yet, as I've only just managed to get hold of some. Do you think I should add one before bottling, as if so, how long would I have to wait after adding it before I started bottling?

Thanks,
Dave

Started my very first WOW off today 40 mins later starting to bubble away already

Used co ops own
1tr apple juice
2 ltrs tropical fruit juice
600g sugar
1tsp Glycerin
1tsp Yeast
1tsp Yeast Nutrient
1tsp pectin
1tsp pectolase
1/2tsp Citric Acid

Forgot to take a og reading :( do WOWs normally start fermenting so quick?

Tried a small glass of this tonight, wasnt expecting much because its the first one ive done,
nice and clear in colour and omg what a lovely glass of wine it is, i can not wait for the next one to finish and sample

Glad it turned out well Steve, my latest is 2 litres of Red Grape Juice, i have read here it turns out well so fingers crossed.

Back