KTC KESAR MANGO PULP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awalton007

Reaction score
I've seen this in Morrisons. It's 850g. It contains pulp sugar and citric acid. Has anyone mane wine from this. It doesn't say how much sugar is in it tho? Any recipes would be great!

null.jpg

I have used mango pulp before. I added it into a juice type wine. Not tried to use it on it's own. Mango is a flavour that comes through the fermenting process so use sparingly unless you want a really strong mango flavour. I don't recall what sugar content it had but a look on google should give you an approximate figure.

I know you can make cider from that, whether it is just the pulp and add water or the pulp and add apple juice I am unsure of. So if anyone has a ratio for a cider recipe using this would be great I am thinking of using 1 tin to 3 litres of apple juice and go with Champaign yeast.

I used it to make cider. 4 cartons of apple, 200g sugar and a Tin of the mango pulp. Came out at 9%abv :D

cheers for the reply AircooledAdam. I'm using the alphonso one I decided to use 2 apple juice and 2 tins of pulp as I never made it before I want it pretty thick also 9% abv hey rocket fuel for the win how was the taste using only one tin, also the thickness?

Cheers.

Thisledome.

cheers for the reply AircooledAdam. I'm using the alphonso one I decided to use 2 apple juice and 2 tins of pulp as I never made it before I want it pretty thick also 9% abv hey rocket fuel for the win how was the taste using only one tin, also the thickness?

Cheers.

Thisledome.

I made a batch using the standard mango pulp first without any sugar and using 4 apple juice. It came out around 7% and was good, but the mango flavour didn't come through as I was expecting.

The one I have on now is with the alfonso mango. It's no thicker, same sort of thickness as just a normal cider. The taste is slightly stronger, but I do feel adding the 200g sugar was probably unnecessary.

Next time I will be using two cans. Let me know how yours turns out.

Adam.

I made a batch using the standard mango pulp first without any sugar and using 4 apple juice. It came out around 7% and was good, but the mango flavour didn't come through as I was expecting.

The one I have on now is with the alfonso mango. It's no thicker, same sort of thickness as just a normal cider. The taste is slightly stronger, but I do feel adding the 200g sugar was probably unnecessary.

Next time I will be using two cans. Let me know how yours turns out.

Adam.

Sure thing I will let you know how it turns out, it's been going now for 4 days and the pulp is separating from the apple juice I had put in. I'm going away for 2 weeks tomorrow, I wish I had left it till I came home.

Not sure what went on, came home from camping and syphoned it into a clean demi john the smell of mango is there but the taste is not so pleasant, I don't know what went wrong. I'm going to leave experimenting to the experimenters and just follow recipes from now on. Be sure to let me know how yours went when you do it.

Not sure what went on, came home from camping and syphoned it into a clean demi john the smell of mango is there but the taste is not so pleasant, I don't know what went wrong. I'm going to leave experimenting to the experimenters and just follow recipes from now on. Be sure to let me know how yours went when you do it.

What sort of taste was it? With mine I found that at first it tasted quite strong of alcohol and quite bitter. After leaving for 6 weeks it improved greatly. I've got a batch I'm trying to save for 3-4 months. See how that improves.

The taste I can't really describe apart from not pleasant, all the pulp has separated from the apple juice I had put in which I don't want as I want it thick. I have not thrown it out have kept it to see if the taste will improve if it does not I'm unsure what to do with it. The smell though is very strong of mango shame about the taste.

The taste I can't really describe apart from not pleasant, all the pulp has separated from the apple juice I had put in which I don't want as I want it thick. I have not thrown it out have kept it to see if the taste will improve if it does not I'm unsure what to do with it. The smell though is very strong of mango shame about the taste.

During the fermentation all the mango should start to seperate and when you rack it off, ensure you leave all the pulp behind. I racked mine twice and afterwards was left with a nice golden colored cider.

During the fermentation all the mango should start to seperate and when you rack it off, ensure you leave all the pulp behind. I racked mine twice and afterwards was left with a nice golden colored cider.

Yes well next time i'll give that a go, as I was away during fermentation. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back