intro

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undernourishedboy

Reaction score
Hi
My name is Ian from Gateshead and have just started brewing wine after a short break of 28 years. I have viewed this invaluable site a lot since re starting this year in order to gather as much info as possible. Since April I have done; Beaverdale Cab Sav, Beaverdale Pinot Grigio, Beaverdale Rioja, Dandelion, Gorse Flower, Elderflower, German Rhubarb recipe, Regular Rhubarb recipe, Plum, Nectarine, Grapefruit and Orange WOW and a Pineapple and Orange WOW. Things have changed quite a bit since I last brewed. Couldn't believe how easy a WOW recipe was to put together. Anyhow thanks for all of the advice I have managed to pick up from this site so far and my gratitude in advance for all of the advice I will soon be asking for.

Cheers Chippy_Tea.
I have been on the thread you advised already. Really good stuff in fact it was your thread that got me doing my first WOW brew. I really wanted to do a cranberry but haven't been able to locate a 100% cranberry anywhere. Looks like I would have to put in a juice with only 22% cranberry therefore four cartons. It's no big deal re price but means this four litres along with the litre of RGJ already puts me on 5L with no room for adding and leaving no room for a a frothing fermentation. Who sells pure cranberry?

Cheers

I have made cranberry juice wine many times and it tastes great, use 2 liters of cranberry juice if its under 50% and one liter of either red grape juice or white grape juice (i prefer white) the cranberry juice is very strong so the taste is still there after fermentation.

Back