newbie. possible mistake

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zypher

Reaction score
Hi. I just got my coopers diy kit today and started off the larger kit that came with it. However i am worried i didnt get the wort cold enough.

Its been going for 3hrs and the temp is sitting around 26c with 24 being light blue. Is this too high and if so how can i cool it?

Now I am at a computer instead of my phone aswell as the question above i'll give a little intro.

From Newcastle upon tyne and decided to give home brewing a try and enjoy trying different types of ales, trying to get a few at work into it to so we can have a little bit of competition/sharing.

Already took advantage of the wilko sale and bought a Woodfords Wherry pack for the future and got my eyes and a fruit cider one too.

Hey and welcome. I read that Coopers lager can handle up to 32c. I'll open the window over night and the temp will come down. Instead of moving it around into a cold bath etc. Too high a risk of dropping 23litres, ok I don't know your house layout :-) I don't fancy carrying a full FV upstairs in my house, the dog would end up with a wet bed. Wrapping it in some wet/damp/cold towels could help a bit too. Main thing leave it be for two weeks before bottling.

Ok the temp dropped to 22 overnight. Now i have the oppersite problem of keeping it warm. I have wrapped some towels around it before i came to work. Hope that keeps it around 22

Ok the temp dropped to 22 overnight. Now i have the oppersite problem of keeping it warm. I have wrapped some towels around it before i came to work. Hope that keeps it around 22

I bought a 25w aquarium heater and set it to 20 degree's, just drill a 20mm hole in top of fv and use a cable gland to tighten on to the flex,works a treat.
£7.50 from Amazon

Latest posts

Back