Just another Hi,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekofPriory

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been home brewing for more years than I honestly want to recall, like my dad I was more interested in country wines, I well remember his wheat and potato getting more than a couple of my friends pie eyed at my twenty-first, however twenty years back I joined the Morris and to conform developed a 'proper' interest in ales.
I'm still sipping 1995 strawberry wine, 3 bottles left, and have a a dozen hedgerow red left from 2003 that get frozen and after the ice has been dumped makes a pleasant change from sloe gin to sip during a sing around. On the ales side I've been brewing woodforde's kits, and although I didn't know it started doing partials based on their kits, now I'm going AG and trying to find out if I'm too old for this particular dog to learn a few new tricks. I intend to try a few batch's with the same malts and just vary the hops until I've a fair idea of what I'm doing then aim to do a clone Adnams Ghost Ship and Flowers IPA for 'the boss',a dancer, Tanglefoot and Broadside for me and Hobgoblin for an occasional treat for our eldest, also a dancer. If I'm allowed a plug, the boss and I dance with Priory Morris, based at St Osyth in Essex, Eldest son dances with Pretty Grim and also Oxblood Molly, both based in Suffolk.
I'm sorry if this is long winded but we only get one chance to say hello!
So hello again, Derek B.

Latest posts

Back