Finings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I normally use KwiK Clear or Clear it but i cannot get KwiK Clear locally and Clear it only has a month shelf life once opened, i never use it all in a month so its a waste of money.

I am now trying Vin Clear powdered finings, has anyone here used this and if so is it as good as the packet says?

51tWnP7G-QL._SY300_.jpg

I normally use KwiK Clear or Clear it but i cannot get KwiK Clear locally and Clear it only has a month shelf life once opened, i never use it all in a month so its a waste of money.

I am now trying Vin Clear powdered finings, has anyone here used this and if so is it as good as the packet says?

51tWnP7G-QL._SY300_.jpg
Ive used both i do prefer the kwik Clear find it a bit better if i remeber right the vin clear has quite a Nauseous smell to it and did not seem to clear as fast
Steve

Vin clear is fiddly to use and not so effective or quick. You can ignore the 'use within 1 month after opening' bit with Clear IT. It works perfectly well even after a year later. Kwik Clear is virtually identical, but also contains preservatives.

Thanks Tony, i guess they put that on the packet so people who don't make a lot of wine and beer have to replace it rather than use the same one for months, does it eventually go off or just stop working?

Thanks Tony, this powdered stuff is a bit of a pain to use as you have to mix it up and leave it 15 minutes before adding it to the DJ, i will carry on using the Clear it. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back