Turbo cider with (probably/hopefully) a hint of strawberry & raspberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfosteruk

Reaction score
I set a turbo cider going on the 23rd and had some strawberry and raspberry teabags left over from a fruit teabag wine so I stewed ten of them and added them to the bucket. 23L, started at 1.06 and currently at 1.02 with no sign of fermentation stopping any time soon so it'll be strong. Can't wait to see if any of the berry flavour makes it through.

The Present Mrs Foster wants it carbonated and not too dry so I'll be priming it and also backsweetening.

I have splenda but have yet to use it in a brew which leads me to my question, I've read lots of folks saying it's the best of the sweeteners for not adding artificial sweetener flavours, but then I've read others saying it adds a diet soda like flavour which I don't want. What do the folks who've used it have to say on the matter?

Also, am I right that I could use lactose to sweeten instead because it's not fermentable and are there any downsides to this apart from needing 5 times as much?

Latest posts

Back