wine buddy 30 bottle 7 day wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornwallnewbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone just bought a 30 bottle WineBuddy Cabernet Sauvignon Kit from tesco seeing as it was on special for £16.50 anyway has anyone got any idea how I can make it a darker colour as the reviews say it is nice but a bit light in colour anyway any ideas would be very welcome.
I thought about adding Welch's Purple Grape 100% Pure Juice 750Ml but I don't know how many.
Cornwallnewbie

Welches juice is from concord grapes, which don't make particularly good wine, but then neither does this kit! Any amount you add will deepen the colour and improve the body but unlikely to improve the flavour.

Hi everyone just bought a 30 bottle WineBuddy Cabernet Sauvignon Kit from tesco seeing as it was on special for £16.50 anyway has anyone got any idea how I can make it a darker colour as the reviews say it is nice but a bit light in colour anyway any ideas would be very welcome.
I thought about adding Welch's Purple Grape 100% Pure Juice 750Ml but I don't know how many.
Cornwallnewbie

I added 2 ltrs of Sainsburys red grape juice (£00.85 a litre) and reduced the sugar by 500 grms - gave much more body and colour ;-)

everybody is saying add red or white grape juice from supermarkets I've been to Aldi, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury and can not find just grape juice and only 1 to 2 different ones with grape and a fruit

also on the subject of this i got a 6 bottle kit of the same and it was ok I've tasted worst bought from a shop, it was straight forward and i must say it say leave it but i need a drink and i think the 6 bottles after giving 2 away dint last 2 weeks haha

but I'm going to try fruit juice and I'm brewing a walk's black cherry one rolled instructions first 3 days a little happening then day 3 came along top up with water my god a top up and a little swirl it went ballistic cleaned the airlock 3 times in about 2 hours had to goto work and had to clean it again it seems to have settled now but with activity still stood in a bowl of cold water trying to keep temp below 25 degrees and just incase

Thanks everyone for your replies sorry I haven't replied sooner but been on holiday I like the idea of adding grape juice and reducing the sugar idea I might do that on my next batch anyway it turned out OK a bit like:-|like rose wine but wife lokes it .
Anyway thanks again.

Cornwallnewbie

1 litre of grape juice will add just 170 g of sugar, which will slightly increase the alcohol content, which would normally be just 11%, so do not reduce the sugar.

Had you not reduced the sugar, the abv would be 12%, instead of 11, which would further improve the body. Did the extra juice improve the flavour?

You are right, I did another batch with the addition of 2 ltrs of red grape juice but, this time, did not reduce the sugar - though it took 14 days to ferment out & did add to the body & colour..came out around 12.5%

Cornwallnewbie

Just started one of these that Mrs Tinto got at Xmas. Brewed slightly short, kept suger as stated and added 1 l Waitrose rgj. Target 12.6%

Note - started it 2 days ago in my 33 l fv. Kit says use a 25 l one so glad I didn't as I have a four inch head on this already in the larger diameter bin and it is going like the clappers. ;)

Have to say - even after 3 days I can tell this is going to be very light in colour if nothing else

Edit - day 7 - SG .0994 so racked into large dj off solids
Going to leave it a couple of days before stabilising / degas and adding the 'flavour'. Flavour? What is all that about? :-( Want to see if it has actually stopped before going further.

Still looks a bit purple to me and very cloudy so let's see what happens. Tastes rank by the way. :grin:

Just today bottled this Cabernet sauvignon kit from winebuddy, not tasted yet but smells quite nice. As some have said its more darkish rose than red as can be seen.
Started 13/9, bottled today 29/9.

1537967448906-605329313.jpg 15379674833751278136782.jpg

Latest posts

Back