Newby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zara.

Reaction score
Hi guys my name's Zara and I've decided to use the huge amount of grapes I have in my garden this year to make some wine,but first I decided to buy a wine kit and give that ago first to see how I get on and it turned out greater than I expected I made 30 bottles of Chardonnay and 12, cabernet sauvignon,I've bottled and labelled but unsure how long they keep for does it get any stronger( it's at 11% which is just right many thanks

Welcome to the forum @Zara.

how long they keep for does it get any stronger( it's at 11% which is just right many thanks

It won't get any stronger but it may taste better if left a while, i have found they don't change much but i only make the cheaper end kits.

Aww thanks for replying back to me ,everything is alien ATM lol I was waiting over an hour for the dark red base of the hydrometer to rise I thought it was like the mercury on a thermometer hahah I need all the help I can get ( wouldn't mind I don't even drink) just hated seeing the grapes go to waste x I'm currently using wine buddy brand from my local brewing shop 😊

Latest posts

Back