various questions brewing to equipment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddeighton_1

Reaction score
ok where do i start

i've read adding fruit juices or ribina to cider can be done on second fermentation / syphon into a secondary bucket after fermentation
if i say add 1 to 2 litres of juice to a cider do i put 1 or 2 litres less water in or add this onto of the 18 litres (32 pints)

can you get a tap for a barrel which you can can alter the nozzle for a different head like they do in pubs like for making shandy they loosen the nozzle if so do they have a special name for the tap as i like a head on my beer but some people don't like as much or even any

waiting for yeast, nutrients, pectalose and probate sulphate to turn up to get brewing wine

conditioning 2 weeks to go :- Geordie yorkshire bitter = 40 pints
needs bottling :- Coopers stout with added dark treacle = 35 pints
fermenting :- walk's Black cherry wine = 6 bottles
going to brew :- brew buddy cider with some kind of flavour = 32 pints
:- red grape, strawberry & kiwi wine = 6 bottles
:- grape and apple wine = 6 bottles
:- honey mead = 6 bottles
done and drunk :- bitter = 25 pints brew in a bag ready in 14 days
:- wine buddy Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Kit = 6 bottles ready
in 7 days

and i only started 8 weeks ago

Hi

Reference to the cider it really wouldn't make much odds to add without withdrawing any from the primary. When you say water though what's your recipe? A good and cheap cider would be to ferment say 20 litres of Apple juice and once fermented rack to a second and add your juice before kegging/bottling.

This will take care of the sugar needed to carb it so depending how you like your cider sweetener would also need to be added at this stage.

The nozzle is a sparkler, I used to experiment with them when I was in my late teens early twenties, I could get a nice creamy head on my beer with them but it did waste pressure forcing the ale through a smaller opening, all it meant really is that I gassed up my barrels more often but now I live a bit out in the sticks I don't bother. There is a sparkler tap for the top tap King Keg available but I have never used one

Hi
I bought a sparkler tap from hom#brew online, via eBay (free postage)
Getting the nozzle position right had me ready to put it under the front wheel of the car!! But I persevered and wouldn't be without it now :cheers:

Ok the tap sounds like more trouble as its worth
So I think I'll leave it until I've tried it

Latest posts

Back