Tick list

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis88

Reaction score
What's on your tick lists? I've always wants to see the aurora borealis and missed a really good chance to last night, definitely going to catch it next time!

I'm thinking of visiting snowdon soon, what was the zip line like? That new artificial surf complex looks excellent! Next big bucket list tick will hopefully be Monaco on a Grand Prix day! Would love that!

Freefall parachute from 12000 feet into the ocean followed by a wreck dive. Picked up by a luxury yacht, fed real ale and venison, taken to shore and met by my wife in a convertible, whisked away to a secluded villa, no kids, no phones or internet. And the chances are......

I'd like to do the Manx Grand Prix. Another three or four seasons racing and I should be there.

Me at Anglesey last month:

Dave

I'm thinking of visiting snowdon soon, what was the zip line like? That new artificial surf complex looks excellent! Next big bucket list tick will hopefully be Monaco on a Grand Prix day! Would love that!

the zip line was awesome. you get a mini video included in the cost, but i'd recommend adding a head cam for an amazing momento. it is steep - £60 but a lot of that money is spend on ensuring you don't die :shock: it really is great. Will do it again although it is over so quick you do feel like you have a jet stapped to your back and are flying.

Freefall parachute from 12000 feet into the ocean followed by a wreck dive. Picked up by a luxury yacht, fed real ale and venison, taken to shore and met by my wife in a convertible, whisked away to a secluded villa, no kids, no phones or internet. And the chances are......

Feck you dont want much MM :hat:

I've always said since I've lived here, I dont need to go anywhere in the world because everyone comes here.

I've probably met more people from more places in the world when I used to work in a night club/bar in Central London than I will ever do by travelling.

(Drinking home brew in my pjamas - livin' the dream! :party:)

I lived in London for two years and got claustrophobic. It's a great place but it's hard to get out, and living in Manchester is very different. Great countryside nearby. And an airport 10 mins from my house. It's good to get about, see new places, experience open countryside, experience different cultures. I intend to do more now my kids are growing up.

Tbh i dont think i would like living in a city, im around 25 miles outside of newcastle i live in a gated community away from the more unpleasant things one comes across in live, my back garden is around 2 acres i get badgers foxes and even deer in it, i love waking up on a sunday morning and watching all of the animals visiting

Sounds great that Steve. Where abouts are you, not Stockton?

I like having the city on hand to see music and other stuff.

I lived in London for two years and got claustrophobic. It's a great place but it's hard to get out, and living in Manchester is very different. Great countryside nearby. And an airport 10 mins from my house. It's good to get about, see new places, experience open countryside, experience different cultures. I intend to do more now my kids are growing up.

I live almost in central London but work in kingston upon thames which is London but also Surrey and very different from where I live. It's very suburban almost rural and there are some fantastic parks in or near the borough like Richmond, Syon and Home park so I think I have a bit of an escape there. I also think the trick to London living is 'finding you own space' obviously quite hard in a city of 8.5million but doable.

I dont' work office hours so avoid rush hour and/or cycle quiet routes to/from work for exaple. There's plenty of quiet spaces if you know where to look. One of my favourite it in brockwell park on top of the hill at the back of the park. It's very quiet and overlooks the park and you can see all the tall buildings in one direction which always look to me like the emaralds city in the wizard of oz. The canals (not near cambden though) are fantastic too, it's like going back in time

Tbh i dont think i would like living in a city, im around 25 miles outside of newcastle i live in a gated community away from the more unpleasant things one comes across in live, my back garden is around 2 acres i get badgers foxes and even deer in it, i love waking up on a sunday morning and watching all of the animals visiting

We had a wolf in our garden last summer, stalking along the deer tracks. I got up about 4am for a leak. Decided to put the kettle on, looked out of the kitchen window and there he was. It was a privilege.

I saw wolves in the wild in America many years ago.

But tonight I saw the Buzzcocks! Not exactly bucket list, but first time I've seen them since 1978 and still quite entertaining! I only went cos someone at work got me on the guest list. But was worth it. Bob Dylan is in town soon, but sold out. Kinda wish I'd got a ticket now.

We had a wolf in our garden last summer, stalking along the deer tracks. I got up about 4am for a leak. Decided to put the kettle on, looked out of the kitchen window and there he was. It was a privilege.

Wow! Now that's impressive! If I'm lucky, and it's about this time of year they come in, I get to see seals mucking about on the rocks at the back of the house, and currently there are flocks of geese gathering ready for their trip. Noisy sods!

Wow! Now that's impressive! If I'm lucky, and it's about this time of year they come in, I get to see seals mucking about on the rocks at the back of the house, and currently there are flocks of geese gathering ready for their trip. Noisy sods!

We live 5 min from a big loch (Krøderen). The swans and geese left a few weeks ago. Dog started barking with all the noise. Reminded me it's about to get cold and dark :( Time to brew some stouts and go fishing :smile:

Sounds great that Steve. Where abouts are you, not Stockton?

I like having the city on hand to see music and other stuff.

I live 8 miles from Stockton town itself and around 25 miles from Newcastle just across the border of Co Durham, Durham city is around 12 miles away, where i am is still classed as Cleveland

We live 5 min from a big loch (Krøderen). The swans and geese left a few weeks ago. Dog started barking with all the noise. Reminded me it's about to get cold and dark :( Time to brew some stouts and go fishing :smile:

Do you fish for Salmon?

Latest posts

Back