I own a maxi 110

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdaglish

Reaction score
Hi, I own a maxi 110 and I am having trouble cleaning the lines. Could you possibly go through it for me?

Many thanks

Joe

Hi. I own the Lindr, not a Maxi, but I guess line cleaning is all the same.

It's nothing more that pushing the line cleaner through the line, as you would beer. I use the Oxi-Clean type cleaner; gets things squeeky clean. I just create a solution in my cornie, seal, pressurise, and push it through the line and out the tap. I think you are supposed to leave it in the line 20 minutes, but the few minutes running it out does OK for me.

Then repeat the whole process with water only, i.e. rinse.

Then repeat the whole process with Starsan solution, i.e. sanitise.

If you won't be tapping straight away, push Co2 through to get as much liquid out as possible, i.e purge the starsan solution.

Gonna put my two penneth in here as regards chilling the amber nectar,after pm,s back and forth with fore I took the chance and purchased one of these pygmy 20L's,delivered from the fatherland they are £250 but boy are they the dogs doodahs! Switch it on and bingo 3 minutes later ice cold beer and with a head, over the time I've had it around 3 weeks I've done a little calibrating of it as there are no numbers on the dial only min and Max so at the position of 2'o clock its 10°..4 its 8°..5 its 7°..8 full on its 3°
Highly recommended even if its a tad expensive but I will add its quieter than a maxi which tends to be very noisy,the lindr is pretty quite and only kicks in with the power around 3/4 times an hour for around a one and a half minute cycle and uses around 120 watts of power when running,you do need the CO2 to push the beer through though as its not got a compressor which is really a good thing because when hooked up to the keg its part of the CO2 tight system and hence the beer stays fresh all down the keg no matter how long you take to sup it.lastly Maxi's do have a tendency to leak so I've been told especially re conned ones.would I reccomend the lindr? Yep very highly and thanks to fore for all his help in aiding me with the purchase and setting up of it which really is a doddle.once again fore thanks

thanks to fore for all his help in aiding me with the purchase and setting up of it which really is a doddle.once again fore thanks
I'm really glad you like it. A few confusions at first, but it is very simple and very effective. Just wait until summer!

Hi Fore,

Thanks for the reply. Great.

Can you just expand on what you mean by "I just create a solution in my cornie, seal, pressurise, and push it through the line and out the tap."

Thanks

Joe

Can you just expand on what you mean by "I just create a solution in my cornie, seal, pressurise, and push it through the line and out the tap."
About 2 litres of water in an empty cornie keg. Put in about 1/5th of a scoop of Oxi-Clean and swirl to dissolve (see Oxi-Clean instructions). Put on the cornie keg lid, attach the CO2 tank to the cornie keg as normal, open the CO2 tank tap to allow some CO2 into the Cornie. Doesn't need a lot of pressure; we only need to push the 2 litre of Oxi-Clean solution out through the beer line and Maxi. So now we essentially have a cornie keg, containing line cleaner, pressurised and ready to go.

You'll have a cornie keg ball lock connector that runs into your Maxi, and a line out from your Maxi to a beer tap. Attach the ball lock 'beer out' connector to your cornie keg. Open the beer tap. The Oxi-Clean will run out of the cornie keg, into the Maxi, out of the Maxi and through the beer tap. Then repeat with water, then Starsan solution.

I saw you had another similar thread with other similar answers. If you can be more specific, it would help us to help.

What he means is when you have an empty cornie part fill it with your sanatising solution seal the keg and pressurise it a bit and run the solution through the maxi then do the same with a clean water rinse but if you use starsan then there is no need to rinse but leave it in the beer line for a while before running it all out

Latest posts

Back